18 weeks and Back Rib Pain on right side?!

Wishing4long

Mom and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I have been having this rib pain on my back close to my spine (right side) I don't know what it is but I feel it most when I move or bend forward. It's really bothering me and I am worried its only going to continue to get worse. Anyone had this before or have any idea what it coud be?

I have had this off an on since my second trimester. It is in my back by the right side of my ribs. My doctor said it is my back straining to support my growing belly and change in posture. She said it is mainly on my right side because I am right handed so I rely on that side more. When it gets really bad I sit on my pregnancy ball for half an hour and it really seems to help.

I had it too starting about the same time. It lasted for a couple of months and went away. I wasn't sure if it was linked to how the baby or uterus was lying/positioned.

Thank you ladies, I hope that is the case you are making me feel better. I really don't know what it is and its more bothersome then painful. I hope it goes away soon. I would hate for it to stick around throughout my pregnancy

I've had this on and off since about 6 weeks. Some days I barely have to move and I'm in agony, while other days I don't feel a thing. Can't say it's getting any worse so far though, just very unpredictable. Having a tantrum prone toddler hasn't really been helping it much.

Have read that back ligaments relax in pregnancy making them more prone to aches and pains.

could round ligament pain be felt in the back? I don't know its like this soreness...just really irritating. ugh.... i hope it goes away. we are going on vacation this wednesday and I would really like to enjoy myself and not worry something is wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->