18dpo, period 5 days late, BFN??

Kalv318

Reaction score
Hey y'all, so my period is now 5 days late and I think I'm around 18 dpo. I usually have pretty regular periods. I keep taking tests but they all end up being negative! Anyone else in this situation or has been in the past? Im nauseous and my breasts are sore. Very creamy thick cm, it had a yellow tint to it recently but no smell or anything. Horrible headaches and stuffy nose. Definitely doesn't feel like my periods coming but I'm so confused!
Im also not sure when I would have conceived if I am. Would it be the date before and closest to when I was fertile?

Hey y'all, so my period is now 5 days late and I think I'm around 18 dpo. I usually have pretty regular periods. I keep taking tests but they all end up being negative! Anyone else in this situation or has been in the past? Im nauseous and my breasts are sore. Very creamy thick cm, it had a yellow tint to it recently but no smell or anything. Horrible headaches and stuffy nose. Definitely doesn't feel like my periods coming but I'm so confused!
Im also not sure when I would have conceived if I am. Would it be the date before and closest to when I was fertile?

I mean, I can only tell you what I've read ten tons of places now. If you still don't get your period in another day or two, but you're testing BFN, maybe go to your dr for a blood test?

It's nearly impossible to tell when someone has actually conceived. You can use OPK's to predict when O is *likely* based on the LH surge but even different ladies O within different time frames of their OPK turning positive. Some it's within 18 hours, some 48 hours, etc. So not knowing *exactly* when you O, means it's hard to tell *exactly* when you conceive. The egg can live for 18-24 hours before it starts to disintegrate if it doesn't get fertilized (at least that's what I've read). Unless you're under the care of a fertility doc who has ways of determining this stuff more precisely, everything is really just a guesstimation.

Also to add some women just have low levels of HCG or other cases in which it's being blocked for the tests to pick up so a blood test would be best. I would go to your doctor and tell them you need to get a blood test done because your almost a week late and getting "inconsistent results" (don't say all negatives just your not getting clear results.) This way they will test and if nothing shows it's just late af due to stress, climate change, hormonal unbalance, or weight gain. Mine was almost 8 days late before it showed (was a chemical pregnancy but still.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->