19 and NTNP, any advice?

lerp2

Reaction score
I'm 19 years old and me and my boyfriend have decided that we want to not try but also not prevent from having a child.

Could anyone give me some advice on this? What they think, what i should do etc?

Or tell me their experience?

Hi there! :) I'm 20 and actively trying with my partner. I have both of us on vitamins.. Not really much you can do if ntnp, just both you and your oh keep healthy and enjoy it, don't make it a "job". Good luck and baby dust xx

thank you!

what kind of vitamins do you take? I've looked into them but unsure of what ones?

Hi :flower:

I had my DD when i was 19. I'm now 22 & NTNP #2

If you & your OH feel you are ready to be a family & you are both 100% sure about it then don't let anyone stop you.

With NTNP my advice is to just have fun, don't worry too much & if you can try not to symptom spot (it was driving me crazy!)

Vitamins, pregnacare i think are the most popular vitamins but they are pretty expensive i have heared that own brands are just as good.

Feel free to message me if you want x

I take pre natal vitamins, you won't know the SA brands but I was on normal multi vitamins and took an extra iron, folic acid and zinc tablet. Got my oh on sperm-i-prove and an iron and folic acid tablet :)

There are phone apps that you can use to track your periods, that I find invaluable. Mine tells me when I'll likely be ovulating, but most importantly it tells me when I'm next due for AF. It's nice to have when I'm sitting there thinking, "Hey, it's been awhile... Am I late? Should I test?" (I know, I know, I have terrible memory, yes...)

Exercise, eat right, get your financial house in order. Prepare as though you were TTC, because it could happen at any time. Most importantly, have fun. :)

Yeah I have a phone app!
I'm just praying I'm late! I'm being so impatient but I know that you need to wait and juts let nature take its course :)

okay, thank you!

I had a miscarriage over the summer and my doctor told me taking prenatals are helpful to prevent another. But since my fiance and are NTNP, I haven't been taking them. We originally were pulling out, and somehow that's how I got pregnant. We started doing that again, but we both decided we do want a kid, but I refuse to temp or take the ovulation tests. So we just go as we please and if I'm late, then I'll test lol. It's just nice to go along without worrying about it =) I'm 21 and he's 23, getting married and June so in a way I DON'T wanna get pregnant now because I don't wanna be huge for the big day lol but hey if it happens, it's meant to be.

I was 20 when DH and I found out we were having our baby. We were NTNP but when it actually happened we said 'uh oh' we've got 9 months to buy a house (we didn't want to be renting, we wanted LO to grow up in the same home). I can say make sure you've got everything planned so when it does happen you're not running around like a chicken with its head cut off. We moved in with my mom when I was pregnant to save money and then to our own home when the baby was 3 weeks old. Moving an entire apartment when you're pregnant is no fun and then again when you're 3 weeks PP is miserable. I also worked way more then I should have up until I was 36 weeks pregnant and put on bed rest because we wanted the 'perfect' house and the very best stuff for LO. Just plan now, save money so you can relax some when you do get your BFP and enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->