• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

19 weeks since ive had baby and weight not shifting!

claire99991

Mum of 2....
Reaction score
i gained 2 stone when pregnant when i gave birth i lost 10lb (baby, placenta etc) then i thought if i ate sensibly and started walking it would gradually come of i walk a hour a day and go to the gym 3 times a week plus i have 2 kids to run around after, my weight didnt change so i went on a strict diet of 1000 calories a day and stuck to it for 5 weeks and lost 11lb, basically i was just to hungry to stay on that amount of calories so have gone back to 3 meals and 1 snack (low fat ice lolly or fruit) and keep up with excerscie and within a month have gained back 4lb of the 11 i lost :wacko:

ppl say take it easy go out with the pram for walks well i have to walk a hour a day for my daughters nursery run with going there back there back and im still going to the gym but nothing is changing no inches lost no pounds lost :cry: i feel like the only way i can loose weight is to go on a very strict calorie controlled diet,

i have PCOS not using it as a excuse but it might be playing some part in it :shrug:

anyway this is just a rant really every one i know drops there baby weight within weeks of giving birth and its driving me mad :hissy:

Hey hun,

I know how frustrating it is to not shift the weight or inches, for me this was pre pregnancy, I would eat 1000 calories a day (or less) and do lots of cardio but no weight work.

Since having my LO I read a lot about nutrition and exercise,

1000 calories a day is far too few, the lowest you should ever have is 1200 and even then it is very low.

If you go to the gym you should take note of how many calories you burn, and you should eat these calories also.

There is nothing wrong with walking lots, I walk an hour and a half four times a week, go running at least three times a week and do two weight training sessions a week.

One website I cannot recommend enough is Food Focus.

I use it everyday to track my calories and my exercise calories too.

Sorry if I sound a bit preechy and what not but you don't want to harm yourself by eating so little!:flower:

xXx

Pretty much agree with post above, esp on your not eating enough calories!

For me, i enjoy using fitness pal.

I maybe should add, i lost 31lb by cutting out junk/fizzy drinks/smaller portion sizes/making better food choices/exercising more(mainly through wii fit & exercise bike at the time) I never dropped remotely close to 1200 intake each day. :)

thanks ill check out both them webistes

what annoys me is that i dont want to eat 1000 calories a day i can feel it isnt enough but just cutting the junk/fizzydrinks/etc hasnt had any effect on my weight loss.

anyway i will check out both them websites i usually burn 400 calories in the gym plus to weights i dont know what a hours walking at a normal pace would burn :shrug: any idea? xxx

hi hun, its about 200 cals i think, check myfitness pal :) it tells you! :) x

damn only 200 for a whole hour of walking thort it would be at least 300 :rofl:

264 hmmm well getting there ill be sprinting my kids to nursery :rofl: ....then myself to A&E :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->