1cm away from active labour.. what next?

MrsVenn

Reaction score
So I've had 2 sweeps so far and due my 3rd and final today. Last Tuesday I was 3cm dilated and fully effaced. Have been having contractions on and off, period pains, BHs, loss of plug etc but nothing seems to be shifting this boy.

If today they say I've progressed more, is it likely they'll book me in soon and induce? I was induced with DD but the pessaries all failed over 48 hours and in the end my waters popped movie style blasting out my plug at the same time, I was only 1cm at the time :wacko: :haha:

Sorry for the random question, I just feel this pregnancy I don't know my body at all!

I would of thought with you been at 41 weeks and you've progressed quite a bit then surely they'd book you in for induction? How frustrating for you, it sounds as though your baby is comfortable in there :haha:

I would certainly ask about induction with you been 41 weeks, they would most likely do it pretty soon anyway.

I've just had sweep and told i'm 3-4 cm. I'm booked for induction Thursday so if contractions haven't kick started things (as had none so far) then given i'm 3cm they won't do pessaries or gel and go straight to breaking waters

In this area they book induction for term+12. My 'slot' was booked last week for this week because the midwife was concerned that being week before Christmas the slots would be filled early. I should imagine they'lol discuss induction after today and get you book ed in

That's good to know Ginger, thank you.

I went 16 days over with DD, our trust is a bit incompetent unfortunately and short of you being, well arsey, they just forget about you it feels.

I think I'll press for one this week when I see my MW later then...I had retained products last time and one of the reasons cited was going too overdue.. you'd think they'd have learned. :dohh:

That's good to know Ginger, thank you.

I went 16 days over with DD, our trust is a bit incompetent unfortunately and short of you being, well arsey, they just forget about you it feels.

I think I'll press for one this week when I see my MW later then...I had retained products last time and one of the reasons cited was going too overdue.. you'd think they'd have learned. :dohh:

Was just about to ask how you're doing and then saw your ticker! Congratulations xx

He made a very speedy entry yesterday!

Went into labour at midnight, by midday was 7cm and MW started preparing for home birth, decided to make a mad dash to hospital instead (no idea why we did, lol!). Got there with an hour to spare! I went from 7 to 10 in 20 minutes..

Had an unplanned water birth which was just fantastic and my 'small' 7 1/2lber turned in to a 9lb 1oz sturdy, size of a 3 month old!!

An amazing experience this time and has healed me a lot from last time. It's just been text book really and I'm still a bit stunned but in a good way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->