1st and hopefully only IUI today....my experience for those wondering about IUIs

kissyfacelala

mommy to twins!!!
Reaction score
So I am back from the IUI....wow what an experience!! a nurse and a resident doctor came in and we started by the doc inserting the speculum.... just like a pap smear....so now its time for the catheter....my cervix was being shy and since I have a tilted uterus the doctor was having problems....lack of experience too...he a resident doctor only still.....so he decided to get an actual doctor!! gggrrrr!! this already uncomfortable as it is and then can't getting the catheter in is just frustrating!! I just wanted to get it over with it!! so out goes the speculum and nurse and doc leave.....starting crying right away...thank God my husband Ernie was there the whole time!! he was so supportive!! then a few minutes later doctor comes in and we do it all over again...speculum in, catheter in and then draw up the spermies and insert all the way into uterus....felt AF like cramps then and to stay calm I was breathing deeply and of course Ernie holding my hand! doctor had no problems doing the procedure....lots of experience...she was even doing an IVF embryo transfer before coming to see me!!

anyways, after she left, I stayed resting on the table and Ernie got me some water and we just relaxed before coming home....so now it is in God's hand...what a day! started off nervous and anxious and very emotional all day! so happy the tracking is done and the IUI done...can relax now....

but it is the two week wait now!! gggggrrrrrrr! ovulation day today and may later to add some insurance!

DH's sperm count was 3.2 million...a little low but doc said lots of pregnancies come out with those numbers....whatever....all you need is one!!

don't know when I am testing....had a trigger shot so I have HCG in my system for a few days...oh well

good luck! Im hopefully having IUI next week. Did you have an ultrasound to check for follicles before, if so how many do you have? last month my trigger shot was out of my system by 6dpo, I tested until it was out. good luck :flower:

thanks sarah....i had one follie on my left ovary.....showed up CD15 at 16 mm and then was 19 mm at CD16...trigger shot CD17 when follie was at 21 mm...IUI CD18 which is ovulation day....LH surge happened naturally on CD17 at same time as ovidrel

3.2 million sperm post wash

on clomid days 2 to 6...50 mg....bloodwork and ultrasounds starting at CD10

at One Fertility in Burlington...where are you in Ontario?...I live in Brantford

thanks sarah....i had one follie on my left ovary.....showed up CD15 at 16 mm and then was 19 mm at CD16...trigger shot CD17 when follie was at 21 mm...IUI CD18 which is ovulation day....LH surge happened naturally on CD17 at same time as ovidrel

at One Fertility in Burlington...where are you in Ontario?...I live in Brantford

Hi kissyfacelala - I am on a break right now as I'm having a lap done next week but wanted to stop and say Hi as I am in Ontario as well just a bit down the QEW from you in Toronto and my clinic is ISIS Regional Fertility in Mississauga.

Fingers crossed you get your BFP on your first try! I'll be back at ISIS and onto IUI #3 in August after my lap!

Good luck on your iui!! I should have my second iui around the end of next week!!

oh wow didnt notice you were in ontario! I live in guelph and am going to mount sinai in toronto for my treatments. I started clomid last month and had 3 follicles and did ovidrel / timed intercourse. this month I decided to add IUI, might as well if Im already on the clomid (Im 38 so time is ticking!). I go on monday for my ultrasound (and hopefully trigger shot), then if all looks good they said I would have my IUI on tuesday or wednesday. what confuses me is how do they know that you were going to ovulate a day after or 2 days after the trigger? last month I had ov pains 2 days later, and the clinic said they usually do the IUIs 2 days after trigger. But you ovulated 1 day after. I just worry about the timing! also they said to not have intercourse from sunday onwards.

how much did you pay for IUI? they told me $350 plus the clomid and ovidrel came to about $160.

good luck this cycle, perhaps we can keep in touch on this thread.

Sarah - my Ovidrel was $85 and my clomid was around $100 (varied depending on the dose I was using anywhere from 50mg to 150mg) and my IUI's were both $400 and they did double inseminations - one the day after trigger and then the following day.

tiggers mimic natural LH.....and they say 24 to 36 after trigger is ovulation....what is funny with me is that my natural LH surge was already starting when they gave me trigger....so ovulation would definetely be day after trigger...so IUI is done on ovulation day....

so happy I found 2 ladies from Ontario and we all a hop skip and a jump from each other...LOL.....would love to be buddies in the 2 week wait and of course during our preg journals that will start this month....

testing July 28 at clinic.....

:hugs:

sorry missed one detail....paid $350 for IUI but clomid and ovidrel are covered under my husband's insurance or mine.....as well as the metformin for my PCOS is covered...

yay i had my iui today DH's sperm was 15 million before the wash... :) hope this is it for us 2 :)

wooohoooo Lisa! xxxxxxx for you! nice count....my DH's count was 9 million before wash...only takes one though :) had 3.2 mil post wash

welcome to the two week wait! :):)

wooohoooo Lisa! xxxxxxx for you! nice count....my DH's count was 9 million before wash...only takes one though :) had 3.2 mil post wash

welcome to the two week wait! :):)

Yippee!!!!! I can't wait to really start testing. Quick question did you have cramping after your iui. As I am having really bad cramping. Xx

I had mild AF like cramps all day....but they were gone by the time I went to bed around 10 pm and this morning I felt fine too

so no worries...these are good cramps and will be gone before you know it :hugs:

I had mild AF like cramps all day....but they were gone by the time I went to bed around 10 pm and this morning I felt fine too

so no worries...these are good cramps and will be gone before you know it :hugs:

Ah glad it's a normal sign lol. X

Good luck guys!

I had my 1st IUI on the 1/7/11 and found out today that I'm pregnant :) iv got my fingers crossed for all of you I'm proof off it :) lots of baby dust xx

Good luck guys!

I had my 1st IUI on the 1/7/11 and found out today that I'm pregnant :) iv got my fingers crossed for all of you I'm proof off it :) lots of baby dust xx

Aw wow. I am feeling positive and I am praying it'll work first time for me to.
Any advice you could give. Xx

Sarah - my Ovidrel was $85 and my clomid was around $100 (varied depending on the dose I was using anywhere from 50mg to 150mg) and my IUI's were both $400 and they did double inseminations - one the day after trigger and then the following day.

hi springy! I was thinking about you the other day but couldnt remember which thread I talked to you in!! arent you going for that lap soon? hoping it all goes well. And so you paid $400 for double inseminations? thats good, I think I would have to pay another $350 if I wanted it done twice. I like the idea of them doing it the day after and then the following day just incase!

tiggers mimic natural LH.....and they say 24 to 36 after trigger is ovulation....what is funny with me is that my natural LH surge was already starting when they gave me trigger....so ovulation would definetely be day after trigger...so IUI is done on ovulation day....

so happy I found 2 ladies from Ontario and we all a hop skip and a jump from each other...LOL.....would love to be buddies in the 2 week wait and of course during our preg journals that will start this month....

testing July 28 at clinic.....

:hugs:

hi!
last month my clinic told me that if my natural LH surge has started I wouldnt need to do the trigger, they took blood and phoned me back saying no LH surge so do the trigger. I had read that the triggers makes sure all follicles ovulate so I was hoping to take it! I took the trigger about 5pm on the monday and felt ovulation midday on the wednesday, so mine would be about 42 hours after trigger. the timing this is so nervewracking!!! definitely going to ask them about doing it twice if this first month doesnt work.

Im going monday for my follicle check, Im hoping I responded well and can take the trigger.

hopefully we can all keep in touch here as I get confused where I talked to people, and some of the other IUI threads are so large and already established.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->