1st appointment at ACU dundee ninewells

BobDog

In Limbo...
Reaction score
I am so nervous. And i am petrofied they are going to turn us away because of my weight! I've thrown up with nerves i'm that bad. Is there anything i can do to help? I've tried medetating, no good, i've tried having a long bath, didnt work. Gone for a walk, that didnt help, i blasted out on the cross trainer and guess what, im ppooped but i'm still panicked about it all.

Current bmi is 40.3 and the bmi that every one is requested to be at is under 30. So u can see why i am freaking out.

Ps. My weight ticker is wrong because i cant update it as i am on my phone. But i have lost another 6lbs so that makes 21lbs. In a month! And that is just by cutting out the crap and exercising! I am pleased that the weight is coming off but i worry that it is coming off to fast. And that because of that they will think i've turned bulemic! But i dont believe in wasting food hence i got to 19 st!!

I have so much whizzing round my head i didnt sleep last night!

How did you cope before your appointment?

My apt is tomorrow morning... forgot to say that! See i'm all scatty!

Hi - how did you get on at your appointment today?

Well done for loosing all that weight already - you are defo on the right track. I know for NHS funded treatment you will need to have BMI of no more than 30, however my fertility clinic will accept women with BMI under 35 if not going through NHS.

Have you tried joining any slimming groups? I did slimming world and managed to loose 3 stone, the first couple of weeks were really difficult but I soon got used to the routine and I've managed to stay at my target weight for a year now.

Wishing you all the best :flower:

Hi - how did you get on at your appointment today?

Well done for loosing all that weight already - you are defo on the right track. I know for NHS funded treatment you will need to have BMI of no more than 30, however my fertility clinic will accept women with BMI under 35 if not going through NHS.

Have you tried joining any slimming groups? I did slimming world and managed to loose 3 stone, the first couple of weeks were really difficult but I soon got used to the routine and I've managed to stay at my target weight for a year now.

Wishing you all the best :flower:

yep our clinic is the same bmi of less than 35! yipeee!! not such a daunting task now!

our appointment went very well indeed, except for my dh bless him. we had some bloods taken and he went first, but as soon as the needle touched his skin he almost passed out! :sleep: i've never seen him so pale! and his cheeks actually went a pastel green!! :sick: it's a good job we were in a hospital! LOL! it took him 30 mins to get colour back in him! so i guess he won't be helping me with the injections then! LOL

they did eventually get the blood from him though.

we have been approved for 3 tries of IVF! DELIGHTED!! and the waiting list is only 3 months for my area! even better! so 2011 is looking really good for us! i just hope they don't have to get more blood from dh... :haha:

Wow, three months waiting list for Stornaway. Great stuff. I'm at Ninewells too but at least I'm only 20 miles away but we have a 15 month waiting list but we should get taken in June, so not long.

We did our first self funded cycle there Jan/Feb. They were really nice, better than when we did IUI's. Didn't work though as we had trouble with fertilisation but we did get one embryo. We're in for male factor.

hi bobdog just came across this post :) i my self have my first app at ninewells next week sooo scared as well :/ and am dreading to be too how long the waiting list is :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->