1st Appointment - Consultant Led

aflight84

Mummy to a princess x
Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Not sure if i've posted in the right section as i'll be in 2nd tri when my appointment is but my midwife has put me on high risk consultant led care due to major hip dysplacia, hereditory spondylosis and asthma.
I have my first appointment with my consultant on 20th October when i'll be about 17 and half weeks Just wondered what to expect?!

Anna x

\im not really sure to be honest, but im in the same boat as you. I am going to be having consultant led care due to premature labour last time. All my other babies have been midwife led care.

Im pretty sure that it will be just the same as midwife appt- bp, urine test, examination, l;istening to hb etc, but will also go through all your problems and discuss potential problems that could arise with the pregnancy. Id imagine that you will just have more appointments and be montired a lot more closely. :hugs: xx

Thanks Chick,
I know i have to have a section i guess this is just the formaility!

At my first one they just did a normal check up like your midwife, blood pressure/weight/urine etc Then they went on to explain why i'd been referred, what extra problems I could suffer during labour etc.

Each consultants different hun
x

I have mine on Tuesday (twins and hereditary thing) so will let you know - my sis had twins and basically they just talk to you about why you are consultant led and tell you what extra care you will get.

Hi girls,

This has been a great post, i have been referred for consultant led care due to stage 3 ckd and we also have twins in the family. First appointment is 10/09 where ill be 14 weeks.

Thanks

Hazel x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->