1st appointment

Sorry, I can't really be helpful. I was in fertility treatment, so my first appointment was largely high-fiving and just scheduling the next blood work/ultrasound. It was about 5 minutes, because they already knew all my stuff.

I just wanted to bump it a few lines for you, and didn't want to read and run.

Good for me to know too, because I have to make an appointment soon with an OBGYN, when I transfer from the fertility care place to a baby doc!

They will do blood and urine tests. They will ask about medical history (yours, your immediate family, the father's and his immediate family). They will ask about previous pregnancies and labours (briefly). And they will check mental health (ask about depression etc) and will check if you may be needing more support (e.g. if you are single or have no family nearby. It's normally quite a long appointment but should just feel a bit like a friendly chat.

I've just had my first app in the UK and it's very much like chezababy said..
Lots of information and leaflets to look at such as tests and screening Available, brief talk about where you would like to be booked in, blood pressure, urine dip, past medical history of you and father, previous pregnancy, estimate due date, etc
They will then send off information to hospital and I'll recieve a scan date through the post :thumbup:

At my first appointment they did a urine sample, took my weight, checked my blood pressure, asked all the questions the pps described above, did a pap smear (if you're not up to date), a physical exam where they try to feel your uterus to access your dates and a breast exam, and routine blood work. Then they give you papers about your pregnancy and ask if you have any questions. They will only do a scan if you are having complications like bleeding or if you are prone to ectopic/miscarriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->