1st birthday question

T

Tilly

What did you do for your little ones first birthday(s)?? I don't want to spend too much, although we will probably get her quite a few toys as she is spoilt lol but I am not sure what to do - cake (obviously), card from us (obviously), invite family round?? I don't know..

What did you do??:blush::headspin:

I must admit i didn't really do anything special
they don't have clue whats going on
You could have a little tea party i suppose for family

I think at 1 and knowing she won't really get whats going on i'd still spoil her lol maybe with something I already wanted to get her but was pricey! I'm a softy for sentimetal boxes etc Caitlins will have one from day shes born so there would be something special for her box then I think I'd have a drink and celebrate for her with friends/family :rofl: and drown my lil girl getting bigger.

we had a little tea party at familys house and invited everyone we knew, didnt go mad or spend lots, it was a nice day.
I will do something a bit better for his 2nd as he will understand it more.

my sister went completley overboard (well i think so anyway) she hired a hall a dj, a ball pit and a bouncy castle, paid a fortune for it all and then went out and brought glitter streamers. balloons and wall decorations on top. she had a few diffrent types of balloons, punch ones, animal ones, normal ones, madness! lol

The food was lovely but way to much, she ended up taking most of it home, wasted alot of money and Chloe wont even rememeber it lol

x

i especially wouldnt go over the top seen as xmas is only a couple of months away ;) just a couple of nice lil pressies, small party with nibbles etc out and loads of piccies :D thats wot i did with my 2! :D

We invited the family and close friends around,had a BBQ and cake a balloons and lots of pressies,didn't cost that much.I think 1st birthdays are mostly for the parents and a chance to get lots of photos so you can say "see you did have a 1st birthday" lol.

Thanks for the advice all :) I don't want to go overtop, but I thought of buying her a nice cake with a 1 on but then decided we will probably just make her one ourselves (that she is ok to eat a bit of) maybe Fifi and the flowertots as she loves that. The problem is her birthday is on the 19th of December, so all the spoiling is going to happen at once. Maybe we will just go for a nice meal or something (any excuse! lol).

;)

Ella's birthday is on Boxing Day so we had the family round for a party tea and cake. I bought her a charm bracelet and two charms, I'm going to get 2 charms a year for her til she's old enough to have it. Plus she had a stack of other pressies. This year we're probably going to go to the zoo or so something like that and have a party for her the weekend after her birthday. The day after her birthday this year we're going to watch the Cbeebies show in Birmingham, I'm really excited as she's going to LOVE it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->