1st Clomid Cycle and Levothyroxine, any stories to share?

AnnaCat09

#4 due 3/28/18
Reaction score
I have been TTC for 11 months now without any success so my doctor decided to put me on clomid and do lab work for TSH levels. The TSH came back at 3.3 which apparently in normal for the average person but not if you're TTC, in which case it should be under 2.5. My doctor thought that could be a factor in my infertility and put me on a low dose of synthetic thyroid which she said I can also take with the clomid. Has anyone else out there had success on both meds or even one of the meds? Sharing your stories are much appreciated.

Hi Anna,
I've been taking levothyroxine for ten years for low thyroid. It works really well to keep the thyroid okay (I'm still ttc but have other issues). One important thing to keep in mind, in case your Dr. didn't mention it: it takes several weeks to notice the effects! I think 6-8 weeks is the normal amount of time before your body has fully assimilated the dose. I say this since i think clomid works right away and if you start taking clomid and levothyroxine at the same time, you might not have the best result until after 6-8 weeks.

In any case, good luck!

I'm not on clomid, but I take Levothyroxine and it works great! I keep my TSH levels between 1 and 2 to feel my best (currently around 1.3) and I'm glad to hear that your doctor is up to date about higher levels being problematic for TTC. My levels adjust in about 4 weeks.

And there shouldn't be any issues between the levothyroxine and clomid. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->