1st Cycle IVF April 2013

V2R

Reaction score
Eventually I have had word from the hospital after chasing them up over xmas!

I am having my 1st cycle of IVF in April, it is alot sooner than expected. I was waiting on my IUI appointment but after chasing up the hospital they told me the goverment has put extra funding into IVF & they have cancelled IUI. It has brought me forward a year earlier for IVF.....I am very scared but excited, anyone else starting IVF in April??

hi V2R

i know your thread is a few months old, but are you still going for IVF in April? I am likely to be too - i have the legal bloods (HIV and hep testing) being taken and signing consent forms tomorrow but hoping i can get started ASAP.

I'm in NW UK
x

Hi CaptainJ1,

The hospital have made an error it dates!! They are now saying June/July. If this is an incorrect date again I will honestly loose the head with them. I'm just waiting on the offical letter.
Have you had bloods done before? Have you tried Clomid? xx

oh no! That must be so frustrating. We are doing it privately and i have to say everything seems to be moving very very quickly.

I haven't tried clomid because i am ovulating on my own - i have regular 25(ish) day cycles, and i have a DS who i conceived naturally back in January 2010. I have been TTC a second for 18 months, 22 cycles, and i am 38 in July so the advice is just to crack on with IVF if we can afford it which luckily we can.

Oh and yes I've had bloods done for FSH (11 ish - normal given my age) and AMH (19 ish which is good for my age) and DH has had a SA which was also excellent.

x

I probably should have went private but I get 3 IVF treatments on NHS so thought I would try it first, then we will go private if it does not work.

It's frustrating that it's just a case of nothing is actually wrong it's just that I cant get pregnant.! It will be the same with you.

I'm 34 in December. Seems the clock is ticking faster every year I fail to get pregnant. xx

Just wanted to say best of luck to you ladies! I am in the end of my first cycle, we did IVF-ICSI. The retrieval was today. It was not as bad as all of the horror stories suggest online, but I was sedated. I'm pretty sure the IV was the worst part of the entire procedure!!

At last I got my appointment through 9th April to check my BMI & AMH level, also getting bloods done again. I cannot wait defo a weight has been lifted.

How are you getting on Captianj1? How far on are you with IVF?

Hi MBrink, good to know it isnt too bad. Good luck have you heard if any of your eggs have fertilised?

hi there

I'm just on CD13 so going at my DH like a rabbit in the hope that we get our natural BFP before we start IVF on or around 10th April. I am on an antagonist protocol so will start with injections on CD2 which should be around then (assuming AF arrives!). ER is then on CD13-15 and ET will be 5 days later as we are aiming for 5 day blastocyst transfer.

so either way, we have a plan, and i'm feeling positive about it. They said we have a good chance of IVF being successful given we have no identified problems, I've been pregnant and had a baby before, and we are going for 5-day transfers which have a much better rate of success.

great to hear you got your appointment through! have they said when you might be able to get started?

x

hi there

I'm just on CD13 so going at my DH like a rabbit in the hope that we get our natural BFP before we start IVF on or around 10th April. I am on an antagonist protocol so will start with injections on CD2 which should be around then (assuming AF arrives!). ER is then on CD13-15 and ET will be 5 days later as we are aiming for 5 day blastocyst transfer.

so either way, we have a plan, and i'm feeling positive about it. They said we have a good chance of IVF being successful given we have no identified problems, I've been pregnant and had a baby before, and we are going for 5-day transfers which have a much better rate of success.

great to hear you got your appointment through! have they said when you might be able to get started?

x

Captainj1 - where are you being treated? I live on the Wirral & am going to the Countess / women's. We have our first apt for ivf on 10th April

Xxx

Hi there, I've got almost the exact timing as Captainj1 of my first IVF. I'm 37, DH 43, he has great counts, I have premature ovarian diminished reserves, only 4 working antral follies. I've been on the pill for the last week and a half and on the flare protocol.

Have you guys seen your drug regiments? I just got mine in the mail the other day and they've got me on a few drugs including 450mg Gonal f. from everyone I speak to this is an extremely high dose. I've heard it's good to start high and they can always adjust it lower if I respond quickly, I think the fs is worried I'll be a poor responder. I'm going to have to do the injections myself, oH gets all faint and pale at the site of needles. How about you ladies, looking forward to injections :haha:

hi there

x

Captainj1 - where are you being treated? I live on the Wirral & am going to the Countess / women's. We have our first apt for ivf on 10th April

Xxx

Hey there! I'm having my treatment privately as i already have a son so am not eligible on NHS. I will be at the BMi Alexandra in cheadle. I'm from the Wirral although I live near knutsford now. I was born at the countess! And my SIL works there as a nurse in A and E. I've heard lots of great things about the women's too. Good luck hon! X

I've got a fridge full of meds 2have4kids. I have cetrocide and luveris and some other stuff that I haven't opened yet that is in a big polystyrene box. And lots and lots of needles...! Eek! X

I've got a fridge full of meds 2have4kids. I have cetrocide and luveris and some other stuff that I haven't opened yet that is in a big polystyrene box. And lots and lots of needles...! Eek! X

Ohhh exciting! I've got luveris too. 75mg/day + gonal F 450mg, what's your doses captain?

All my letter says is I have to get AMH level checked & screening consent forms signed. Once this has been done further instructions will be sent. Also states my BMI has to be between 19 & 35.

Drugs & needles I am a bit worried about what I have to take & inject. Is it alot? I assume everyones 'medication' is different?

I'm getting excited/nervous....Really hope it works for us all xx

v2r that's exciting news. If they put you into full down reg first you'll have to do suprefact/Buserelin first while you're on the pill the month before IVF and if not, you'll do the bcp (most cases), baseline u/s & bloods and then start stims for 7-14 days. I did an HCG injection last month and it wasn't too bad but I don't know how giving myself 2/day will work for 7-14 days. You should be very glad they're giving you an amh test, I don't have access to that and I don't trust the fsh tests, mine are all over the place, 16 one month, 6 another. They say your fsh is only as good as your highest score. whatever, I'd just like an AMH done to see how far out in my fertility window I am.

I had never heard of AMH until I received my letter, but it seems a better way to find which drug treatment is best for me. It's alot to take in, I think I will be ok with the needles.

So have you got many drugs to take? Is it all written down for you? I am a bit worried for side effects

I have a list of drugs by the day and because I'm not on Buserelin I've only got Gonal F and Luveris each day. I'm also taking DHEA and other vitamins to help with egg quality but that's about it.

I think the injections will be OK, after I pinched my belly fat so hard when I did the injection last month I was shocked that I really couldn't feel the needle. I'll just pinch hard again and my brain will hopefully forget about the pain. I'm just worried about hyper stimulating so I'm going to read up on the symptoms so that I know what to look for. 450mg gonal f is a pretty scary dose. I'm on a few other blogs and the ladies seem to experience nausea, grumpiness, tiredness and sore ovaries. It doesn't matter to me what the effects, I just want to get knocked up! lol

Hello ladies - Happy Easter. how is everyone today?

I was really looking forward to today as I gave up chocolate, biscuits, sweets and crisps for lent but today I am full of cold and can't taste anything :cry::cry:

I am now in to the 10 day count down to my kick off appointment and I'm nervous yes excited at the same time. Does anyone know how they choose which protocol to go on? All our levels seem fine and I have no endo or fibroids etc so we are in the unexplained camp. I would just love to know roughly how long it will all take... Patience is not a strong point of mine he he.

Xxx

Happy Easter everybody! Tooexcited, I think they quite often try long protocol first, I'm on flare protocol and will likely be a poor responder. You should respond just fine. Hopefully they do genetic testing on both of you first to see why you can't seem to get your bfp. I thought with the losses and how long it's taken I might have autoimmune issues but nothing came up on either of our tests.

Hi ladies can i join u....i just started my buserelin injections on sat nite....im on long day 21 protocol not liking doing the injections but i hope i will get used to them hopefully this is our month eeek

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->