1st Dr Appt today! No idea what to expect!

PrayinForBaby

Haley's Mommy =)
Reaction score
Hey ladies! I go to the Dr this morning since I'm finally 8 weeks!!! :happydance: I know that my ob doesnt do u/s in her office, she orders them for the hospital so I'm curious as to what is actually gonna happen! But I'll let you all know when I get home how it went!!

You'll be fine :) If its anything like in the Uk she'll just ask you a few questions let you know what you can and can't eat/do etc and book you in with a midwife and for a scan :) xxxx

i hope everything goes well. dont forget to let us know how you get on:hugs:

Everything went fine! Dr said that I could even be 9 weeks, but we'll go ahead and stick with 8 weeks and keep the due date the same. Said my cervix looked good (I'm still baffled by how that thing looks good on anyone! lol) and all was well, gave me a script for "good" prenatal vitamins and some iron, even though I've been on prenatals already, just the kind from wal-mart. She's not ordering a scan until 17 weeks unless something happens in the meantime, so I guess its a good thing that my momma works over at the hospital and is the boss of Radiology, lol I can't wait til 17 weeks to see that lil heartbeat!! So I'm going for a scan on the 23rd! hee hee This is the best Christmas present I could've ever dreamed of!!!

Everything went fine! Dr said that I could even be 9 weeks, but we'll go ahead and stick with 8 weeks and keep the due date the same. Said my cervix looked good (I'm still baffled by how that thing looks good on anyone! lol) and all was well, gave me a script for "good" prenatal vitamins and some iron, even though I've been on prenatals already, just the kind from wal-mart. She's not ordering a scan until 17 weeks unless something happens in the meantime, so I guess its a good thing that my momma works over at the hospital and is the boss of Radiology, lol I can't wait til 17 weeks to see that lil heartbeat!! So I'm going for a scan on the 23rd! hee hee This is the best Christmas present I could've ever dreamed of!!!

thats great news everythig went well for you even better if they put you a week forward. i cant believe you would have to wait that long for a scan, its nice to know you have got family in high places lol .

Great news...
Why is it that dr's dont look at the cervix in the UK? I've asked and asked and they say no..
Its clearly routine in some places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->