1st few days in cloth- first impressions!

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
Now that Travis is here, ive finally been able to start using all the nappies ive been getting! Just thought id share with how we've been getting on, as i thought it might be useful for other newborn fluffy bottoms! :flower: We had Travis in disposables for the first 2 days at home, and he started getting tiny red pimples on his bottom, and looked a bit sweaty! So we decided to just give the cloth a go and see how we got on- the pimples completely disappeared after a few nappy changes & im convinced its coz his skin can now breathe better!

The first nappy we put on him was an itti bitti AIO. It looked like it fit really well, no gapes around the leg, nice n snug on the tum- i was surprised we were able to use cloth so soon, as id thought everything would be too big for the first couple of weeks. Can't comment on absorbancy, as he did a massive poo in it 1 hour after putting it on. Silly Mummy had forgotten to put a fleece liner in too :dohh: so it came out of the wash with a pretty decent stain on it... however... after an afternoon on the washing line in the sun, it disappeared!! phew!:thumbup:

We've also tried the SIOs, which seem a little stiff to me, and dont look as comfy, but they hold a lot of wee. They look like they gape around the leg a bit & i reckon once he starts weeing a decent amount, they're not gonna hold up?

I love the bamboozle stretchys! they fit really well, no gapes and hold a lot of wee. Not too impressed with the fluffles: they seem more breathable, but seem to get wet/need changing much quicker. The old-school bamboozles i cant really comment on, as i got them from ebay & theyre really hard & havent been looked after, i put 1 on him but he seemed really uncomfy so they might just go in the bin :wacko:

Ive used two wraps so far: a blueberry and a motherease (the velcro 1) both have contained plenty of poop and wee & I am impressed with both!

Hubby prefers the ittis to the 2 parters, however we used them for a full day & ran out & he had to use a fluffle and wrap, so... he's said i should get some more!!! :rofl: Cant believe im being encouraged to buy more nappies! We've been using cloth over night and while out and about & i feel really chuffed that we're doing well with it! Even Daddy! :cloud9:

Cant believe im being encouraged to buy more nappies!

Could you get your DH to talk to mine please? :rofl:

Glad to hear your adventures in cloth nappying are going well :thumbup:

Wow you seem to be doing so well! And how great that your dh is encourage more nappy buying yeay!!

:thumbup:
Glad your enjoying them - My hubby prefers fluff too! though he thinks we have enough now (so i'm buying sized for #2 which isn't quiet in the pipeline yet) :rofl:

Glad to hear you're getting on so well already!! How much did he weigh at birth?? xx

That is great to hear, gives me confidence for when Missy gets here!! :hugs:

And :yipee: for another Daddy Fluff Lover too! Boyo is really keen to get going with the fluff straight away....he is worse than me I think!

And once again, Travis is just gorgeous :cloud9:

xxx

^^ DH has his reservations about fluff, but did say after the parentcraft (where she had said about washing facilities for nappies being non-existent) that we should start in sposies due to washing and stuff but didn't say anything in the least pesimistic about them which I was pleasently surprised at... have just ordered a few more which I think DH may get on with a bit easier... :)

Thank you very much for doing this thread - very useful! :thumbup:

Can't believe you're being encouraged to buy more by DH - mine has told me that I can only buy when I've sold other bits and pieces on ebay to get some funds in paypal first!! (Its amazing what I'm now willing to sell when bribed with nappy shopping, I never thought I'd end up like this! Mind you, I might start selling his clothes and things if he's not careful...!!:devil:)

:thumbup:
Glad your enjoying them - My hubby prefers fluff too! though he thinks we have enough now (so i'm buying sized for #2 which isn't quiet in the pipeline yet) :rofl:

thats a very clever plan! :haha:

Glad to hear you're getting on so well already!! How much did he weigh at birth?? xx

he weighed 7lb 2.5oz

i think the only thing i need is a bigger nappy bucket: we completely filled ours, yet when i emptied it into the machine, it was barely half full, seemed like a waste of a wash? then of course i'll need more nappies to fill the bigger bucket :rofl:

^ ahhh I've been wondering about that! How big is your bucket? I want one as close to the size of a 'full wash' as poss...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->