1st Growth scan (diabetic) Bubs small belly circumference?

Foxybabyhg3

Mamma to Skylar TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi All

I was in Maternity Triage last Sunday with cramping-then they kept me in for high BP-turns out wrong cuff was used and when my diabetic consultant checked it-it was fine :dohh:

Anyway-they wanted to follow up anyway and i had a growth scan on Wednesday at 25weeks which is a few weeks earlier than normal. Bubs weighs around 600g, good oxygen flow, active etc, b ut then the tech said that the baby's belly circumference was measuring small. Not something I expected to hear being diabetic :nope: I asked her what it meant and she just shook her head and wouldn't elaborate. After this scan I had to go for am afternoon of blood pressure monitoring :wacko: So obviously it was high for the 1st few times until my Consultant saw me and said it was fine and she usually expect baby to put on some chunk around 30 weeks.

Has anyone else had similar? She said she was happy with the weight and everything else-she said the important stuff was fine, but I'd jsut like to hear of other peoples experiences to help me calm my pants :coffee:

Thanks

Um, you already know a larger tummy is a concern they were worried because my daughters is larger then the rest of her which forced me into diabetic testing for two weeks after passing two 1hr glucose tests. I would say if your doctor has no concern about size not to worry about it. Small does not mean bad at this point you are still just 26 weeks and your doctor is right the size will change when they start packing on the chubs.

Hi.. i am diabetic (not just gestational) and with my DD.. she was always measuring small. Always around the 25th centile group.

Sonographer and OB were quite shocked as for a diabetic mother...this baby was small.

Anyway.. she ended up being around 7.2pounds at birth..which is fairly average.

This bub is tracking a little bigger than my last... around 50th centile.

If ur glucose control is very good..then u have not much to worry about ;)

Thanks. It's not as good as they want it :blush: I range from 3.9mmol to around 8mmol which pre-preg is fab. But they want me between 4-5 all the time. Can't keep my morning ones down. I go to bed a 5, get up a 7. Think I'm sleep eating lol! As long as baby is ok, I'm good. Just glad to hear its not always a given that baby will be big :)

Thats the same as me. All other times i am between 4.5-5.5 but mornings is 6-7mmol. Drives me nuts!

My diabetic doc said i neef to eat a carby snack around 11pm for the insulin to work against...

Umm i am never awake that late lately lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->