1st Injections

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
Olivia has her first lot of injections tomorrow, and I'm really not looking forward to them. For those of you who's LO's have already had them, do you have any advice? I'm just wondering what to expect afterwards, and what I can do to help stop her from being/feeling poorly.

xx

Good thread, Niamh has them on Friday.

Tyler had his monday, and tbh it wasnt half as bad as i prepared myself for.

Have you been given paracetomol to give to her? my doc prescribed 3 days worth for tyler as apparently they can get virus like symptoms!! It made him very drowsy for them 3 days and slept alot!!

Tyler cried when the needle went in and for about 2 mins later but then was fine!!
good luck hun im sure she'll be fine x

You can give them some calpol from 2 months so that will help to ease them up a bit if theyre feeling poorly. It really helped Brooke :)

I give elliot calpol before his jabs now, after going in for the first lot he screamed the place down and for hours afterwards. the nurse recommended giving some calpol before the next lot, and he was fine-no screaming for hours this time. same for the third lot too.

keely.

Give Tylenol or Calpol before you go in to help with the pain, and if LO seems unsettled during the next couple of days give them Calpol/Tylenol. Unfortunately Hannah's first shots didn't go well at all :(

Leo had his last week and tbh he was fine. He screamed when he had them done and then his next feed after them he didnt really take very well but after that he was completely fine, he slept most the day.

x

Thanks guys, I've got soem calpol, so will give her some just before we go tot he doctors.......the only thing is, on the bottle, it says she can only have 2 doses each day.....what do you do if they need more?!? Guess I can ask about that when we're there.

Thanks guys, I've got soem calpol, so will give her some just before we go tot he doctors.......the only thing is, on the bottle, it says she can only have 2 doses each day.....what do you do if they need more?!? Guess I can ask about that when we're there.

As far as I know they can only have 2 doses at that age?? I was told 2 doses - thats it! I just tried to give them as far apart as I could.

I gave Aidan a dose about 30 mins before the appointment. He was grumpy and generally not happy for a few days afterwards. We have our 2nd lot on Monday. :hissy:

Logan had his yesterday and hasnt been to bad ! he had a winge yesterday evening and his temp was up slightly so he had a dose of calpol but he has been fine today just a little sleepy !

Lexie screamed her little heart out, but once it was over she was fine. She didn't sleep any different. She was just abit wine'y. So I just cuddled her all day - I felt sorry for her. I think the injections made the injection area ache a little because she kept wining when I touched her legs. I just gave her some Parapead that I got prescribed for her. They said upto 4 doses in 24hrs. But could only give her 2.1ml's. (I think that's got something to do with her weight/age?)

Good luck for tommorrow. She will be fine. x x x

Erin was very cranky the night she had them, screamed if she wasn't being fed or asleep. I gave her a dose of calpol and she slept all night. She was fine the next day.

They do scream when they have the needles but usually are fine in a few mins.

Seren was a bit grumpy for a couple of days after, but other than that she was fine on her first lot. She had her 2nd lot yesterday and the area the injection went into is a little swollen and sore, but she's fine in herself. They can be a bit poorly afterwards so a bit of calpol helps, the midwife also told me to keep her cool after the injections.

hmm pediatrician never mentioned the 2 doses a day to me with the Tylenol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->