1st IVF - Super high Estradiol Possible Cancelation HELP

StorkStalker

Reaction score
Hi everyone..

I am currently on day 12 of our 1st round of IVF.. My E2 jumped from 945 to 8950 in 2 days, and then in 2 days more u to 13952... My RE told me to stop stimulation 3 days ago... I have been reading online and I am in risk of OHSS so it is very possible that the cycle will be cancelled.. I am beyond devastated.. Anyone know more about this?? I never expected this.. I was showing many very promising follicles, and I´d hate them to go to waste... I had an ectopic on April and I lost one of my tubes... I have been feeling every secondary effect possible (losing lots and lots of hair which is freaking me out) so I was hoping this IVF would be it for us.. now I can not cope with a possible cancellation.. I can not even consider it.. Has anyone been in the same situation?? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

When they checked my oestradiol levels I came in at just under 11K. They triggered that night and I made it to EC but they cancelled ET as I developed moderate OHSS. Depending on the protocol you were on it is possible you may be able to trigger with Lupron (?) which should minimise the risk of OHSS however even it you get to trigger you might not make it to ET this cycle.

Hi Serenyx..

Thank you.. Nothing could be done.. My estradiol went up to 23000.. So nothing.. I can´t even cope...

Thank you... How did yours go??

Thanks

Sorry.. I just read that you were able to freeze 4 embys... Here´s my finger crossed for you at transfer!! When will it be??

Thanks again.. Lots of xoxo

Sorry.. I just read that you were able to freeze 4 embys... Here´s my finger crossed for you at transfer!! When will it be??
I'm sorry to hear that your EC had to be cancelled :( Have they said when you can try again and how they will modify your protocol to try and prevent it from happening again?

From the sounds of things I will have to wait until December for ET - possibly January :dohh:

StorkStalker, I just read your post, very sorry about the cancelation, so devastating. I am about to start my first IVF, very nervous. We decided to go with natural cycle IVf, will lower doses of meds mainly cos I am very afraid of OHSS. I know it's devastating to have your cycle cancelled but your health is more important, you should be able to do another cycle after you recover. your clinic would need to change your protocol I think so this does not happen again.

Serenyx,

Thanks for your reply.. my FS says we could probably try in two months, he gave me an app on Oct 17th, and we´ll see how it goes from there.. I don´t want xmas to go by without hope again bc I am so depressed and xmas does this blue thing for me since we have been TTC.. He said he´ll modify the dose, but probably not much bc he fears then I would not respond well.. Oh the thrills of TTC... Anyway I hope your transfer may be done in Dec!! Do you know how many embys they will transfer?? fx always for you and your freezy guys!!

Briss, thank you you are lovely. I know I should feel grateful OHSS didn´t get to worse, but I just rant over it.. Don´t let me scare you about your IVF, I have read so many success stories at first try without complications whatsoever, and that is my wish for you!! Lots of luck and thanks for caring, really appreciate it. xoxo

Hello! I have this same question, i started my IVF cycle and my estradiol is still too high to continue with the other injections. I don't understand why, if Lupron is supposed to make it lower i thought. I fear it would be cancelled, and i wont be able to start again probably for 7-8 more months :(
Has anyone experienced this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"