1st jabs what should i expect?

bambino

Reaction score
Harry is getting his 1st jabs today - im so worried. Do they usally get ill from them ?

Renah's getting hers in a half hour :(

I think they may get a low grade fever and be really fussy and sooky. They need loads of comforting and cuddle time for a day or so. Getting actually sick or a high fever, you need to call your doctor.

Lauryn was fine after hers-just a bit more sleepy if anything. They go into all the side effects you may get but don't worry-most babies are absolutley fine after it. I was dreading it-couldn't watch!!! x

Thay can get a bit of a fever, be a bit grizzly, or sleep a bit more than normal. Oliver was fine though - you'd never know he'd had them! make sure you have some calpol and a thermometer on hand if you don't already have them in.
Good luck to both of you!! x x:hug:

Brennan was very fussy, had a slight fever, and just wanted to cuddle, nurse and sleep the day he had them. The next day was the same, just not as fussy.

Lola had a fever and was a bit drowsy and fussy. But she has a really bad reaction...

Jordyn just gets really sleepy, shes had three sets now, i always end up crying more then she does. Haha.

At my last mothers groupd about 4 of the bubs had had them that morning and three of them were being quite fussy and needed lots of cuddles.

Each baby reacts differently

My Caitlins been fine on all jabs to date ...its Mummy that hasn't :lol:

Hope it wasn't as bad or worrying as you thought today x

they went ok. I think he kept remembering as he isn't a crier and every so often he would wail out and need comforting. He needed lots of cuddles last night but seems great today.

Kathryn got a bit sleepy and had a very low grade fever, but she was fine. My pediatrician told me to give them Tylenol 1/2 hour before hand and every 4-6 hours after for the next couple days, I think it helped a lot, Kathryn wasn't cranky or anything at all. She only cried for a few seconds, but I felt so bad!

I am looking at how old your babies are that are getting their first jabs. Here in BG, we have to order them as they are made to order. We "ordered" hers 2 months ago and we are still waiting and she is 4 months tomorrow!!!!!! Surely this is too long?! I'm not happy with the doc anyway and am waiting for info on another doc we can register with.

Must admit, I hate needles, may have to let OH take charge with the jabs!! Hope all your babies are ok and that YOU all survive lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->