1st miscarriage, need advice

depressed15

Reaction score
hello everyone, i had a miscarriage last week. D&C was done on the 23 (talk about the worst christmas of my life). I would like some advice, help, anything to help me figure out how to deal with this. Literally all i want to do is stay in bed all the time and cry. I dont want to go to work, social functions or anything. I dont know what to do. I dont know when i can try again, when we can dtd or anything. My doctor didnt really tell me any of that and I was so in shock with what was going on I didnt ask any questions. I dont know how to deal with this right now. My husband has tried his damnest to be there for me, i can tell, but it aint working. I dont want anyone or anything around me. I feel like a complete and utter failure. I dont know how to go on feeling like this.

I'm so sorry for your loss :( It is totally normal to feel that way, most of us do. I've lost two recently and each time felt so disconnected from everyone and would just stay in bed and cry. Give yourself time to grieve and heal. You will likely never be the same again, but you will get better.

Most doctors say to wait one cycle to try again if it was an early loss. If it was later, like 2nd trimester or later...they say 3-6 months. Both my losses were like that but I started trying again right away. There really doesn't seem to be much reason to wait, unless it was something complicated like an ectopic pregnancy. If you feel up to it physically and emotionally...go for it. You should wait at least until the bleeding stops to dtd , to avoid infection.

You are not a failure. :hugs: Life is just unfair sometimes.

I'm here if you need to talk.

hello everyone, i had a miscarriage last week. D&C was done on the 23 (talk about the worst christmas of my life). I would like some advice, help, anything to help me figure out how to deal with this. Literally all i want to do is stay in bed all the time and cry. I dont want to go to work, social functions or anything. I dont know what to do. I dont know when i can try again, when we can dtd or anything. My doctor didnt really tell me any of that and I was so in shock with what was going on I didnt ask any questions. I dont know how to deal with this right now. My husband has tried his damnest to be there for me, i can tell, but it aint working. I dont want anyone or anything around me. I feel like a complete and utter failure. I dont know how to go on feeling like this.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I miscarried on the 18th and I could have written most of this myself, I'm feeling the same. I spent most of Christmas Day alone as my husband was working and I couldn't face seeing my family. I feel so lost and don't know how to get through it.
I'm sorry i can't be of more help but I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.
Thinking of you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->