1st Post- Can anyone relate to this?

GabesMommy

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been lurking this site for awhile and finally joined. Would love to hear any words of advice or any insight into my situation. Here goes:

I just turned 29, history of irregular AF. It would disappear for months at a time, then other times would seem somewhat regular (but still long cycles). I was also in the overweight range but not much.

I lost weight and got in healthy weight range (right in the middle of the Healthy BMI range) and stayed at this weight for a few years. Around Nov '07 after going all year without a period I got one, then became "regular" until Feb when I surprise conceived (I had been married for 4 years, NTNP almost the whole time). Unfortunately I had a MMC and finally m/c at about 13.5 weeks.

After that Cycles were mostly regular, but longer, about 34 days? I think...anyways I had a couple times I thought might be preg in there, maybe a chem preg...

Got preg in July '10 and had healthy boy March 2012. Nursed him exclusively till 6-7 months then did a very slow wean (starting with one bottle a day for a week, then so on) from then until just before 12 months. He was a cosleeper till 10 months, with frequent night-nursing. We moved him to his crib, one reason being to night-wean, in hopes of getting AF back for TTC #2. He's now almost 16 months so he's been weaned for over 4 months.

Gained a LOT of weight with pregnancy (70 lbs!) and haven't lost ANY of it- I initially lost 22 lbs but it's crept back on (grrr.)

Here's my question: I still have not had ANY post partum AF :nope:

I've had quite a few cramps (especially about 2 weeks ago where I was SURE AF was coming- it was like early labor!!!) but NOTHING. That incident made me call my DR and I went and had blood drawn.

My LH was 14.8 and FSH 7.6 Negative pregnancy --that's all she tested for hormone-wise.

With all my history of irregular AF and current anovulation she thinks I'm PCOS and put me on 1000 mg of Metformin. I've taken it, 500 mg the first few days, 1000 since then. I've started temping/charting and had signs of fertile CM (not EWCM but went from dry/sticky to creamy/abundant then two days later back to dry/sticky) during that time my cervix rose and got softer/slightly open. All negative OPKs though. :shrug: I haven't been charting as long, only have 5-6 days on my chart.
*One of the days with more CM show I had a leftover Target brand cheapie OPK which I swear was *almost* positive but the ClearBlue Digital (which I've done since) the line was hardly there at all (after I ejected the test stick) and have gotten all negatives.

Can anyone relate to this?

Should I go ahead and take Progesterone to bring on an AF? Will that make my body more likely to get on track?

I wonder if I only ovulate when I'm not fat :growlmad:
I've been trying to lose weight and am down 3 or so pounds but that's it (I know I was pigging out for a while but I can't fathom why I've been gaining- I don't feel like I've been eating all that much!)

So yeah, sorry for long post. Please share advice/encouragement, etc
Thanks

Bump! Hoping someone can answer and give some advice or at least encouragement!

Should I try to get the Provera or wait a bit longer? I don't think I've ovulated though...I wonder if my body geared up and tried but didn't reach the estrogen threshold that I've heard about...

Hey hun, I have no major words of wisdom for you but thought I just give a little love :hug:

Sounds to me like POCS for sure. Give the met some time and that should help for sure, you just need to find the right dose for you. Are they going to add clomid to the mix in a couple months when your cycles have sorted themselves out? If not ask your doc for it :) I think if you got an almost positive the other day you should wait until 10 days after that test then take the provera so you don't screw with the almost cycle you had because taking the provera too early may just make next cycle screwy too.(sounds like your body did try to O but is not quite there yet) Good luck hun.

You should add a link to your temps too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->