1st round of femara/letrozole...wanted: Success stories!!!

brittsho

Reaction score
I have been doing some massive research trying to find recent success stories to induce ovulation by using Femara. Clomid did not work for me whatsoever. I of course want to get pregnant, but mostly just want to know that I will ovulate with this med (I have PCOS). I started 7.5mg today & will be taking CD 3-7.

Any success stories would be much appreciated!!! :thumbup:

Thanks ladies!:hugs:

I havent taken femera before but have seen lots of success stories when clomid failed! :)

I took femara, but not for inducing ovulation; it was for unexplained infertility. It gave me horrible headaches for 10 days straight. Are you also doing IUI?

I have heard that it works well when clomid hasn't. We choose femara b/c clomid thinned my lining.

Good luck.

Yes we are also doing IUI...husband wasn't too thrilled but whatever it takes I suppose!! I took my 3 before bed last night so I haven't had any noted side effects as of yet. Clomid gave me HORRIBLE side effects so I'm glad femara is expected to have less.
So what did femara do for you? How many times did you take & what mg?

I took 2.5 mg cd3-7 last month along with IUI. Ovulation hasn't been the issue, so I didn't need a high dose.

We are taking this month off and going to hopefully try IUI again in October. And my husband isn't thrilled either, lol.

Hi there
Am also taking a very low dose Femara since I also ovulate on my own ( I actually read you have better chance with Femara if you dont ovulate on your own) and so far I have had an improvement in my hormonal levels. Unfortunately, not much else yet. I have had no side effects which I did on Clomid
Amber

I'm on Femara too, still to get bloods done but I had confirmed ovulation the first month on it. The headaches are a pain but I'll take them for a baby!!

Nice too hear someone else had a headache with it cooch.
I was actually happy when we decided to take this month off. That headache lasted 10 days.

I think femara made me feel worse than clomid. But, I did gain a ton of weight with clomid. Hmmm. . . I wonder which is better, lol.

I took letrozole cd2-6, got pregnant that cycle and now have a beautiful little girl to show for it :)

Best of luck :hugs:

Hey I am starting femara when AF arrives, Good luck!

I took Clomid and had HORRIBLE side effects, after 9 months an RE switched me to Femara.

I also get headaches from Femara BUT they only last as long as I am taking the pills. Unlike Clomid, Femara only stays in your body for 24 hours after the last pill. The reason Femara causes headaches is because it decreases the estrogen in your body.

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 10 years ago. We were finally able to get pregnant with Femara 5mg (CD3-CD7) with Follistim injections (CD5, CD7, CD9) and Ovidrel ...combined with an IUI.

Good luck everyone :)

thanks ladies!

Did you have any twitching/fluttering that you could feel in your ovaries when you took it?

I didn't feel anything in my ovaries till I was at about CD9 ... they just felt "full & achy".

After the trigger shot, I could feel the follicles pop.

I wonder if I should be concerned...its not a horrible pain, but its definitely noticeable. My last day of the pills were 2 days ago & I know its not due to ovulating just yet. I do have PCOS so maybe its something to do with that? I wish I didn't over analyze everything!! Errr!

My ovaries ached really bad from CD9 and just got worse until ovulation. I have PCOS as well and my ovaries never grew follicles on their own (natural cycle). I feel everything when I am on medication and I think this is because my ovaries aren't used to it.

My ovulation is quite painful, it will send me to my knees for a good 15-20 minutes.

The cycles that I developed cysts...I didn't even feel them till I was about 10dpo. The cycle I had a HUGE cyst (7cm), I didn't even feel it -- go figure!

Hi, I'm on my second month of Femara/letrozole, my CM has dried up!! Does this mean I will still ovulate?? This is the first month- I have been charting since Jan- that I haven't had CM at this stage of my cycle. Its not down to stress as I was incredibly stressed Jan-Jun and still got loads of CM. I'm still going to ttc but just confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->