1st round of femara/letrozole...wanted: Success stories!!!

I've been diagnosed with PCOS since 2007, been TTC#1 6yrs now. I used three rounds of clomid, and all failed. I did ovulate just did not conceive. I've been moved to femara this month and it it's giving me headaches also. WIth clomid the only thing I experienced was some weight gain.

The Dr said that clomid does dry u out but not the femara so I'm waiting to see.

I've been diagnosed with PCOS since 2007, been TTC#1 6yrs now. I used three rounds of clomid, and all failed. I did ovulate just did not conceive. I've been moved to femara this month and it it's giving me headaches also. WIth clomid the only thing I experienced was some weight gain.

The Dr said that clomid does dry u out but not the femara so I'm waiting to see.

Took me 6 years to get prego with #1 ... I ended up making an appt with an RE. I did 2 cycle's of IUI and got pregnant!!

Has your hubby had a SA done?? Are you being monitored while on Clomid and or Femara??

Hey ladies! I just wanted to let you know that clomid did not induce ovulation for me on four rounds 150mg. I did however ovulate on CD 20 first round 7.5mg of femara (my cycles are 35days)

High ladies! I'm excited to start femara any day now. Would love to keep in touch with other femara ladies and share experiences and hopefully success stories!

Should i be going to get blood work done on cd 2 and cd 21 on EVERY cycle on femara? My FS wasnt clear on that. I do have a requisition for the blood work for the first month but thats it.

Good luck to all of you!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome trist! I will have cd 21 bloods next week. Nothing is set in stone yet. Its all up to your RE or FS. If I don't get my bfp this month I am going to get monitored with u/s next month and get the trigger. I still have not gotten a pos opk yet. I def have bachache and tender boobies. Slight twinges. Good luck, and keep us bposted!

Here's my Femara update. Day 21 bloods (2nd month- I think). 29 (UK measurement). This is far too low and the doc has now put me on progesterone supplements as well. Really wan this to work as I don't want Clomid .

Here's my Femara update. Day 21 bloods (2nd month- I think). 29 (UK measurement). This is far too low and the doc has now put me on progesterone supplements as well. Really wan this to work as I don't want Clomid .

I hope that the femara works better this time around... What dose were you taking?

I never had a progesterone check, they brought me in for an ultrasound to see if any follies grew to at least 15mm to indicate ovulation. The reason being is that I have long cycles & assumed ovulation wouldn't occur until later. I did ovulate this time around cd 21 (+ OPK cd20) I did not end up pregnant however I start round 2 today. I'm feeling more optimistic this month!

I never had a progesterone check, they brought me in for an ultrasound to see if any follies grew to at least 15mm to indicate ovulation. The reason being is that I have long cycles & assumed ovulation wouldn't occur until later. I did ovulate this time around cd 21 (+ OPK cd20) I did not end up pregnant however I start round 2 today. I'm feeling more optimistic this month!

I think I am going to have an ultra sound next cycle if I don't get a BFP this cycle. GL to you this cycle.

I hope that the femara works better this time around... What dose were you taking?

Think its 7.5 on day 3 of cycle. Which isn't a lot but I had follicle tracking done the first months and it showed a good ovulation= the Femara had worked. Confused by this month's results. Will check in again with my lap results as there may be some endo which is interfering with my ovulation

Hello I am 31 years old and my DH and I have been trying to conceive for almost 4 years for our very first child. So far we have had 3 failed IUI's with Clomid and now recently switched to Letrozole-Femara . I just had my doctor's visit today to monitor my follicles size through Ultrasound and I am excited with the result compared to Clomid. I have a feeling this cycle just might work. I will kepp you updated. I wish you all lots a baby dust and a BFP soon! Take care and have a blessed day. I share my journery in trying to concieve here if you like to follow me . Thanks again!! https://www.youtube.com/user/Orathai22?feature=mhee

I have tried clomid and a steriod together the last 3 cycles with not even a mature follicle. Plenty of headaches, hot flashes and dry eyes, but now I am in my 4th day of Femara. No hot flashes only slight headache on day 1 and 2. I am 41 and want a baby so bad with my husband of 1 year plus! Mid cycle scan next week. Praying hard!

I started femera 5mg tonight....clomid didn't get me to ovulate so hopefully this will :( good luck ladies!!

I started 7.5mg of Femara CD 2 and tonight will be my last dose (I decided to do 6 days worth instead of 5).

I had four rounds of Clomid and only ovulated twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->