1st time mums.. did u have to be induced due to goin overdue?

tink28

Mum of 1 & WTT
Reaction score
just wondered how many of u needed to be induced due to going overdue with your 1st baby?
i know they say 1st babies are often late but am really hoping i go into labour naturally. my hospital let u go 10 days over before they will induce u but seem to hear of so many women having to be induced for this reason with their 1st. thanks in advance

My first born was born on his due date i went into labour the day before and he was born at 4:20am.

I was induced with my first 10days over & now this is my forth and im being induced again saturday 12days over unless it would like to make an exit today or 2moz but i doubt it lol plus my other two was both 6days over.

i voted yes(wasnt sure which to pick) i went 10 days overdue with my first, i went into the hospital to be induced but i was 2-3 cm dilated so they didnt have to give me drugs to start me but they broke my waters and he was born 3 and a half hours later :) xxx

i voted yes(wasnt sure which to pick) i went 10 days overdue with my first, i went into the hospital to be induced but i was 2-3 cm dilated so they didnt have to give me drugs to start me but they broke my waters and he was born 3 and a half hours later :) xxx
Hiya hun when i was induced last it was 12yrs ago nearly, but when i had my sweep last friday it said i was 2cm dilated on my notes does that normally mean they dont need to put that stuff up u? soz lol

Hiya hun when i was induced last it was 12yrs ago nearly, but when i had my sweep last friday it said i was 2cm dilated on my notes does that normally mean they dont need to put that stuff up u? soz lol

i really dont know for sure but i didnt need anything put up there because i was 2-3cm already so hopefully you wont need it either :) but i cant say you definitely wont. i think the stuff they put up is to get you to be dilated enough to break you water xxx

At my appointment today she talked to me about the induction process. She didn't check me for dilation/effacement today but she said because last time I was checked my cervix wasn't ready so they will insert the gel to prepare my cervix for labour. Does that sound about right?

i really dont know for sure but i didnt need anything put up there because i was 2-3cm already so hopefully you wont need it either :) but i cant say you definitely wont. i think the stuff they put up is to get you to be dilated enough to break you water xxx
Cool, i remember bits of my last induction i was only 18 i went in at 6am had two things put up there* in a few hours then they broke my waters i didnt have her til nearly 8pm that night but now this is my forth ive lost lots of plug the head cant go down any further and im 2cm dilated hopefully i might get away with just the breaking of my waters that would be lovely.. ive not had a labour without a drip in my hand yet, as all of them needed to be speeded up a mw said the otherday i labour really well its just getting me there lol.. Thanks hun x

At my appointment today she talked to me about the induction process. She didn't check me for dilation/effacement today but she said because last time I was checked my cervix wasn't ready so they will insert the gel to prepare my cervix for labour. Does that sound about right?
I'm not to sure the ladie booked me the otherday didnt even talk to me about it, she just said heres an appointment see you saturday lol i dont think they are very intrested once you've had it before and on a forth child :shrug:xx

Sorry popped in from almost second tri (just 2 days until 2nd tri). I was induced at 13 days overdue with my son. I was 3cm dilated so they just broke my waters.

you should ask your midwife/Doc next time you have a visit hun :) you'd get a much better answer since we're all in diff countries and time has changed etc blah blah! ;)

yeah, am just wondering how likely it is that 1st babies are that overdue.
i asked my midwife and she just said its common that they are late x

River was born at 41 weeks exactly. The morning she was born i was due to go for a sweep

I can't actually be apart of the poll yet, but I'm assuming I'll go really late seeing as it runs in the family. My hospital "does inductions" at 40+12 days but if I reach that point I won't be getting induced. I'll opt for monitoring instead. :thumbup:

I am 41 weeks today Tink and have just been in for my second sweep. They've booked me an induction for next Saturday when I'll be 41+6. I'm DREADING it and really hope he makes a move before then!! :-(

i was due to be induced on wed 5th and went into labour on tues 4th and he was born the next day (when i was due to be induced)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->