1st Time TTC

Stacie0703

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! This is my first post on BnB and I'm excited to talk to women who are in a similar position as I am. Just a little bit about myself - I just turned 26 and my DH is about to turn 27. We've been married for just over 2 years and just bought our first home! We also have a cute rescue pup and a sweet Siamese cat. I also just graduated from law school and my DH has his own software consulting business.

Anyway, in early July we decided to forgo our "plan" to start TTC in November and just go for it. So, I stopped my BCP mid-pack which triggered withdrawal bleeding (may or may not have been a smart thing to do). Since then, I've been temping and charting and it has been very clear that I've ovulated. At least to me, it is. Today is 11 DPO and my temps seem to imply that I've had an implantation dip. Now, I know that that might not mean much. However, for the last two days, and worse today, I've been experiencing the following "symptoms" or whatever they are: terrible pelvic cramps, tender and growing breasts, thick cervical mucus (sorry TMI), nausea, near falling asleep many times during the day, and gas and bloating. My period is supposed to start on Monday or Tuesday. I also spotted just a very little bit today and yesterday. And by a little, I mean very very little! Nothing on a pad or anything, just on the toilet paper.

None of my friends are anywhere close to TTC, and we're also not telling our families, so I don't really have anyone to talk to about this.

I know there's no way for you guys, or me, to know if I actually am pregnant. I tested yesterday at got a BFN. My period is supposed to start on Monday or Tuesday, so I'm trying my best to wait to test until then if AF doesn't show. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated! Also, is it possible to be pregnant in the first month off birth control?

There's no reason why you couldn't be pregnant on your first month, I've had friends have this happen. I also had a friend who got pregnant while on the pill and hubby used a condom! Little bugger still got through!!
Good luck!

As long as you're ovulating, you can get pregnant :thumbup:

Welcome; I hope you get your :bfp: this month!

Hi again guys! Just a random quick question. What is the best pregnancy test to use to detect a possible pregnancy before one's period? My period is due to start on Monday or Tuesday, and I started have a bit more spotting yesterday that is intermittent and not really on a pad (sorry, TMI), so I'm wondering if it's worth testing today or tomorrow on a better test. I'm using test strips now, and I don't know how sensitive they are.

Any thoughts?

Sorry, I am new to TTC to not sure about best HPT to suggest but I just wanted to say :dust: and fingers crossed for you!

I have another question this morning. I am essentially out for the count for baby this month if I'm spotting light pink (not heavy enough to even make it to a pad - sorry)? Or do I still stand a chance for a bfp?

Hi Stacie. Your never out until AF hits, which from the sounds of things it hasn't yet. As for pregnancy tests frer ( first response ) and superdrugs own are really good for detecting pregnancies before your AF is due. Good luck :)

AF showed up this morning. I was a little sad at first, but now I'm feeling better about it. I knew it was a long shot because my cycle was still a bit weird after getting off BC mid pack. Hopefully month #2 will lead to a May baby!

Those symptoms would have been more likely the body adjusting to your own hormones not those akined to the pill.
Most people need at least 3 months after the pill to regulate the hormones, not just the days. Took us 11 months to fall pregnant first time off the pill, and I was on it for 7yrs prior. (Similar age to yourself, medically prescribed the pill as my periods as a teen were horrific). No pill since late 2007...1 pregnancy/baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->