2 days late and a long story

KiwiMarie

Reaction score
Whelp, I'm the new girl here. And I'm trying awfully hard not to obsess. :wacko:

My DH and I have been NTNP for about a year. Recently we started talking about making a real go at TTC though we haven't actually taken any steps to it.

But lo and behold, now I'm two days late with all sorts of symptoms not typical of my PMS or AFs arrival.

Now I know the talk could have wormed itself into my head and is making me see/feel things that really aren't as out of the norm as I feel they are. Here's the rundown.

We did the baby dance on July 8 & 9. Last week everything got weird, body speaking. So I started really looking at my cycle and my approximate O-window. Guess when it was? Good guess. Just using calendar method, it landed right about then. Again, since we were NTNP, I don't have temps and wasn't tracking O-signs so I can't be sure.

First up I got incredibly gassy which is not a normal thing for me. Same with the bloating and fullness. I took a test and then learned about the tww. Obviously a BFN. Next came extreme fatigue, like I couldn't stay awake and even put off a much needed trip to the grocery store for fear of my ability to drive. Way. Out of the norm for me. Despite being ridiculously tired I next developed insomnia coupled with pain in my legs and hips when resting or laying down.

I wrote it off as PMS even though I've never had those symptoms. Then I noticed a very creamy, milky CM. it was thick and stringy, not sticky like my normal CM. and when DH and I decided to get up to something I couldn't get "moist". We had to use lube which never happens. Ever. I mean, EVER. Another hpt and a BFN.

Mild back cramping, again, unusual for me. Next up was heartburn for no reason and more extreme fatigue. I get incredibly emotional over stupid things and more mild cramping (not the AF kind which hit me up front near my hips and just north of the girly parts. My AF cramps spasm like contractions and only hit on day 1 of AF, not before. These cramps are in back at the base of my spine and are more of a dull ache). Still gassy. Like I'm rivaling DH for fart royalty in our home. It's bad and I'm never gassy. I can eat beans and lettuce and spicy food and not even a girly toot.

Another hpt and a BFN but I.m estimating I was only about 10dpo at the time.

More trying to calm my crazy little head. Finally let the DH in on my suspicions (no reason to excite/panic/disappoint until it was a thing).

AF was due today and is a no show but I've been late by a day before so no real identifier there. Took an HPT any way. Still a BFN and I estimate I'm about 14 DPO. rationalized I'm delaying AF with all the hope/obsessing.

Then the nausea hit me this afternoon. Hard. Followed by more cramping, a touch of acid reflux and, for the first time, I noticed some blue veining on the bbs and they are bigger and firmer then normal. (1st pg I didn't have nip darkening or sensitivity or bbs pain so those not being a problem isn't out of the ordinary for me) And I swear to god I lost my phone six times today and I didn't leave my desk, much less my home office. Last time I did that I was pregnant with my first and had baby brain in the worst way.

With my first pregnancy I knew within a week after conception. This time there are just big question marks.

So, your thoughts? Do I test again in the morning? Do I wait for AF to be even later? Is it my imagination or is there a real chance that NTNP actually worked and I can skip all the messy tracking, OPKs and TWWs?

Me and my partner were NTNP and I'm now 6 weeks, and like you somehow managed to BD on my most fertile day (according to me and a calander) I don't even know the exact date when my period was due, it was due between the 13th and 18th and when I tested I was between 8 and 3 days late and only have the faintest line. HGC doubles ever 72-48 hours depending who you talk to. But the longer you wait the more likely you'll get a BFP. Seems like you are! I'd give it a few more days and then retest, if you can wait that long! Haha. Let me know how it goes! :D
sorry for any typos on my phone xx

Just wanted to know if you got your BFP???

Still a :bfn: but no AF either. And the nausea has returned. I'll wait a couple of days before testing again if AF doesnt make camp soon.

Still a :bfn: and still no AF:shrug:

Still cramping, nausea now comes like clock work around 5pm. Extreme fatigue when I get good sleep. Plus I literally have not been to sleep tonight despite my best efforts to the contrary. :nope::sleep:

There was some suspicion that it might be ovarian cysts as those symptoms are stupidly similar.

I've used my last hpt and am refusing to buy more. At least for another few days.

Ah right, well fx for you!
Maybe go to the doctors?
Yeah it's like pregnancy and period - one month I was convinced I had pregnancy symptoms then found out it was actually my period, then this month had nothing and ended up with a BFP - cruelness of the female body haha.
Keep us updated :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->