2 days late & heavy spotting/light bleeding

Moggie

Reaction score
Okay, I'm pulling my hair out here. I'm sure most of you are feeling or have felt this way before.

I have been tracking for a year and I have a very regular 26-day cycle and a 5 day period (3 days heavy, 2 days spotting). I always know what to expect. Well, this month my usual period symptoms (sore boobies, PMS) went away at day 25. My "period" began on day 28 and began with very light pink spotting for the first 12 hours, along with mild cramps that would come and go. I ended up taking some pain killers before I fell asleep because I was having trouble relaxing. I was worried, but figured by the next day my period would become heavy like normal. Day 2, my period was not normal. It was like heavy bright red spotting and I passed a few small clots. I changed my pads regularly to track how bad I was bleeding. The spotting never got larger than a half dollar and at one point wasn't even heavy enough to show through to the back of the ultra-thin pad. Day 3 was more of the same except without passing clots. Day 4 is today, and so far I'm finding nothing more than a speck on the pad and red when I wipe. There is no blood in the toilet at all. Of course, the day is young.

I have also been extremely exhausted for the past few days. One day I even slept from 11pm til 2pm and woke up tired! And let's not talk about the emotional rollercoaster. I started bawling at work yesterday. Reason? I didn't want to be there. It was too busy. I was tired. My boss wouldn't let me leave. Ugh. When my boyfriend came to get me I began crying, and then realized how ridiculous I sounded and started laughing hysterically. I think he's convinced I'm possessed.

My boyfriend says that I'm overreacting. The fact that I got my period at all should tell me to calm down. Of course, this isn't the first pregnancy scare... He's grown used to my overly cautious nature.

So am I overreacting? Should I test? Should I wait it out and see if my period comes next month? Does anyone have an extra chill pill?

Just a quick update. Day 4 (today), much of the same as days 2 and 3. I'm experiencing something between light bleeding and heavy spotting (about a half-dollar amount for the day), a few drops in the toilet without clots, and bright red when I wipe.

If I'm experiencing implantation bleeding, when would be a good time to test? If my test is positive, is bleeding this much okay? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Bright red, clots, and 4 days of bleeding would all point to it not being implantation bleeding. It sounds more like you are just having a light period. You can take a test, but I think it sounds like you are not pregnant.

I experienced something similar my last period. I didnt think at first it was my period but the longer it went on and the more I googled I realized that it was infact my period. Just early, and light, and pain in the butt!

I meant to do this earlier but...

Update:

I was pretty sure I wasn't pregnant after the 3rd day of my "period" but decided to test on the 5th before a planned heavy night of drinking (someone's 21st birthday). I tested negative.

However, I may end up with a positive BECAUSE of that heavy night of drinking. Oops lol (its a good oops; we're not ready, not planning, not trying, but not preventing. We talked and "if it happens, it was meant to be"). I'll know in about 10 more days. But that's for another time and another thread.

Good luck ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->