2 different kinds of MC's in row?

Lucy1973

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am interested if anyone knows anything that may be helpful to me.

I have had two MC's this year. One at 5 weeks naturally.
The next was a missed MC. I think stopped developing at about 5/6 weeks, but didn't miscarry it until 8 weeks. :cry:

I know some girls take baby aspirin after a few MC in a row, some take pregesterone cream/pills? :shrug:

As far as I know my cycle is not showing any abnormality? I have also had two completely different kinds of miscarriages in a row. :wacko:

I am wondering if it is just pure bad luck, or if there are any clues I have got even though the two MC's were so different.
I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and what happened?

Thanks I am TTC again in a week, and feeling a bit nervous, though I want to get on with it.

I got preg which at the time wasn't planned but i then mc at 8-9 weeks, then we ttc kind of straight away but didn't get preg until 17 months later but that preg was a chemcial, then 6 months after that i got preg again, and i'm now 13 weeks preg, i did think about taking asprin but i thought i'd see if this preg was another chemical and by the time i'd got to 6 weeks i'd forgot about taking the asprin.

I had an early miscarriage and an early 2nd trimester miscarriage so two very different types.

I think my first one was because I am still breastfeeding and I fell pg before I had my first period after having my daughter. I think it was just that my body wasn't ready to be pregnant although they have never confirmed that.

With Isabella I don't know why she died although it may have been a clotting problem.

I had a very sudden miscarriage at 5 weeks which was over within the 3 days it took them to scan me.

I then had a blighted ovum straight after, which was 'discovered' at a private early scan at 8w when they told me I was just behind on my dates, but had an NHS scan the week after and then a week after that it was confirmed that there wasn't enough growth and had to have an ERPC to remove the pregnancy.

So two completely different kinds for me, the only similarity is that my pregnancies have never progressed beyond 5 weeks, just one time by body recognised it and miscarriage but another time it kept it and didn't know it was over.

I'm hoping i'm just one of the unlucky ones who just has two miscarriages in a row but nothing is 'wrong' with me so i'll go on to have a sucessful pregnancy. All the people i've ever read about on forums who have recurrent miscarriages seem to have the same experience each time so fingers crossed because mine are different i'll be ok. And so will you xxxxx

Thanks guys, there is hope then that it is just bad luck and third time lucky.

Pr girl, hopefully we will be successful next time. :hugs:

Lucy- my doctor actually told me that they look at 2 mc as almost "normal". It's when someone has a 3rd mc that they really start looking into reasons why. It's almost like 2 mc is the same as having only 1. Most women that have 2 mc will go on and have a healthy pg the next time. I can't remember the stats, but it's pretty high. One thing to remember- no amount of worrying you do will make a difference. So when you do get pregnant, just try and enjoy each day and take it one day at a time. :hugs:

Yes, my first mc was a mmc, stopped growing at 8 weeks (had d&e), then my next pregnancy ended with a natural miscarriage at almost 6 weeks. Unfortunatley, all I was told was that I had to have 3 in a row to get any testing done. I am newly pregnant and scared to death. I just keep telling myself that it is out of my hands now and whatever happens at least this time I wil be able to get some answers. I wish you all the best!

ncmommy, really hope it goes well for you this time....I know how nervous you must be feeling. :flower:

Amos, thanks so much you are right, there is a reason they don't look at you, I am trying to see it as a positive that I feel my cycle is fine. There are no clues for me, so perhaps it's just bad luck.
:hugs:

Lucy, I think it was just bad luck.

My first miscarriage was ectopic but a few days later it expelled itself naturally. My second one (last week) was a missed miscarriage. It happened at 7.5 weeks but I carried it until 12 weeks (just a few days before my first scan was due to take place)- it showed up as just an empty sac on the scan, no little baby in there. I avoided an operation both times and everything cleared itself up as nature intended.

I am taking this as a positive because there are no patterns emerging. If the same thing happened twice then I would be more concerned as it may indicate a problem. As Amos said above, no amount of worrying is going to change things. I know it's easier said than done as I am in the same boat myself. I am not a particularly religious person but this whole thing has made me realise our powerlessness against Gods will. Nature/God/The Universe, whatever or whoever we choose to believe in, always has the upper hand and what will be, will be.

So, what I am going to do and what I think you should do too, is look after ourselves and try again! :thumbup:

It may happen for us this time... It WILL happen for us this time! :happydance:

Ive only had one loss, but i really hope you get your bfp soon you so deserve it :flow:

Lucy - I had the same as you, and early miscarriage and a missed miscarriage. I honestley thopught "Hold up, there must be something wrong?" And then I got pregnant again with LO.

I am pregnant again (unplanned!) just wondering what on earth is going to happen, but really Lucy, I think it was just bad luck and nothing sinister xxx

Thanks guys, I am so glad to be on here with all you fantastic girls! :kiss:

Cabbage and Mummy, thanks. :flower: I hope we will all get our BFP's soon, and everything will be fine this time! :hugs:

Cabbage you are right, there is no pattern, that's a good thing.

Mummy...you look after yourself. xxxx

SB thanks, what a good hopeful story, I am sure you will be fine. :hugs:
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back