Hi, New Here, Little About Me

*18 in 2 months
*UK
*12 Weekz + 3,
*EDD, 13-04-09
*Not Currently Receving any income
*Parents Dont No
*Currently Living With Them, But Sorting Out Supported Accomodation As i Type

But im just wondering is it to late to go shoppin for things??
ive got LOADS of vouchers off my doctor for free new born huggies nappies and Free Baby Bottles excetra. However they finish B4 EDD so should i just go get them now & hide them or wait near the time when they run out?

xxx

Hello, Firstly I would suggest telling your parents as they will find out/guess sooner or later and its always best if they hear it from you and not later on down the line.
I was worried to tell my mum and stepdad but knew I had to and im so glad I did tell her when I did and not waited as she may not of come around if i kept it from her!
Have you had a scan yet? Alot of people like to wait untill they've had their first scan before buying things, Just to make sure everything is ok.
I started buying bits last week,Know I shouldnt of as Im only 9 weeks but just couldnt help myself!
Do you have a job?
X

i got my scan at 11 weeks 1 day ( i thought i was 8 weeks but she told me im 11 so imm sticking with that :)) and planning on telling parents when i no i have accomodation just incase i get kicked out i have somewhere else to sleep. and i have not got a job but im in full time education not in receipt of ema yet though, taking ages to come through:(

Congrats on your bfp :hugs:

When do your vouchers run out? Are you sure that your parents would react badly? They might be really supportive and happy for you x

You can start as soon as you like hun ! Most people say they dont buy anything before the 12 week mark, but even i have got a few things already lol. I would leave all the bigger stuff eg pram,cot and all that untill later on, but all the little things, you've got to get them sooner or later so why not now i say !

x

You can start shopping any time really i think its all down to everyones own personal opinion.. I have not bought anything yet OH is really superstitious and does not want to buy anything until nearer the time... although i have put in a suda cream and wipes and various other little things when i go to the supermarket but no real stuff as yet

Hope everything works out ok for you, I am sure your parents will be just fine shocked to begin with but i am sure they will be great.

Tell your parent's soon hun. The sooner the better really. And I bought a few thing's at 8weeks ish. Or before, I can't remember, I know it was very early though. :lol: Congrat's on ur bfp btw. :p

You can start shopping whenever you want. I guess it depends on how superstitious you are.

If you really think your parents would kick you out I don't know if I'd take the chance on them finding the diapers. I'd wait depending on when the coupon expires...

If I were you I would talk to the parents first. Who knows...they may be more supportive about it than you think. As far as buying things for baby..you could do that whenever you like but if you don't have a job as of right now I wouldn't splurge too much. Also...if your parents don't know you are pregnant, they probably will once you come home with bags full of baby stuff. Good luck in your decisions:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->