2 kids in the bath...thinking ahead

ButterCup17

Reaction score
My ds will be 2 and 1/2 when my dd is born. Obviously she won't be in the bath tub for a while, but what do you guys do in regards to brothers and sisters bathing together? What age do you stop?

I wouldn't worry about it, just follow your children's leads. If and when one of them feels like they want more privacy they'll say so. There's nothing wrong or harmful about kids seeing each other's genitals, though I'm sure it will lead to plenty of educational conversations ;)

Our oldest is 11 and shes comfortable showering or bathing with her siblings.. (we have a double shower)
I think its about the kids and how they feel... i have no doubt in a year or two she might be fine showering with her little baby siblings or sister but maybe not her brother... but thats just about telling the kids they are allowed to do what theyre comfortable with

I have a DD and 2 DS's. My DD who is 7.5, only recently said she wanted to have her own baths. She is quite tall and just not enough room anymore. I wouldn't worrying at all about bathing them together. I did for years.

My eldest has started to feel uncomfortable sharing with her brothers so she has her own baths now :)

I agree with the other moms, that your kiddos can take baths together and it shouldn't be an issue. When one requests privacy you should of course allow them to bathe on their own. I have read that for kids around the age of 3 that seeing the opposite sex parent naked can cause some confusion and should be avoided, but its ok to see the same sex parent naked after age 3. I doubt that applies to siblings close in age. I have 2 daughters who bathe together and see me naked all the time, but my 4 yr old always kicks me out of the bathroom when she poops. I respect her wishes, but I think it's funny.

Amy is 7 and has started asking for baths on her own x

I have a 3yo daughter and 1yo son. They take baths together all the time and before that, my daughter would take a shower with either me or my husband. She sees us naked all the time and never bats an eye at it. No idea when we'll stop giving them a bath together, but I imagine it won't be for another few years or until she feels the need for more privacy. Just gotta play it by ear :)

DH and I were discussing this recently- we'll have a girl and a boy 1.5 years apart... for now, we've decided that when they start pointing out differences or asking why the other one does/doesn't have something is when we'll stop... but we'll see how things go!

I wondered this! My son will be a similar age and we're having a girl! Interesting to read 😀

I honestly think it's no harm, they need to know that these parts aren't "bad" or "evil" and boys are girls just look different downstairs. I'm sure if it's not baths it'll be potty training or whatever that may come up so might as well be a fun bath. They can always wear swimming suits when they get a little older unless one of them spoke up and said they'd rather get their own bath!

I remember bathing with my brother and sisters but it never bothered any of us and it doesn't even bother me now when I look back on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->