2 mc, 1 healthy baby boy, 2 more mc

mrsc83

1 baby boy and 4 angels
Reaction score
Hi,

I haven't posted on here for a while but needed someone to talk to. I've just had my 4th miscarriage at 8 weeks. I had 2 miscarriages in 2010, then in 2011 I gave birth to my beautiful little boy. He is the light of our lives. We decided to try again in 2012 but I had another miscarriage. We decided to wait a while to try again as we were devastated but I fell pregnant this summer and had another miscarriage. I am currently in that oh so familiar place you end up after a miscarriage. Exhausted but can't sleep, trying to get back to normal but breaking down at the slightest thing. Trying to cope but not able to concentrate. I've been here too many times before and I know I will get through it but right now I despair. I am thankful every day for the miracle that is my wee boy. But I can't forget the babies I've lost. Everytime I lose one I feel a little part of me is lost too. Anyone else in the same boat?

I understand how you feel. It's horrendous. On my 2nd m/c so halfway to understanding how you feel. The question I asked my hubby last night, what have done to deserve all our bad luck. He said there are people worse off than us but at least we have each other. He was right but it doesn't make us feel any better. I'm so over protective of my 11 year old, it's untrue. He is my world and the reason I get up for in the morning xxxxx

I am the same. My wee boy is 2. I honestly think there is something wrong with me but have been tested for everything!!! They say everything is normal so what does that mean? Just sheer bad luck?!!! So scared to try again now.

Hi mrsc, u posted on one of my other threads i cant imagine 4 mc :( i thought after a 3rd mc you could go thru testing? Ive just had 2 mc in 2 months...

Hi Celine,

I pushed for testing after my 2nd mc. Been tested for antibodies, anticoagulant, had thyroid function checked, hormones tested and my husband and I had chromosomal karyotyping done. All normal. Then I fell pregnant a 3rd time with no complications and gave birth to a healthy baby boy. After my 3rd miscarriage I was referred again to recurrent mc clinic where they said there was nothing else they could do, miscarriage is very common, 1 in 4... Blah blah blah whatever!!!!! I'm sure there is something wrong but because I carried my wee boy they won't help anymore. I think he was our wee miracle. Xxx

Hi mrsc83 - I have a similar story. MMC in 2010, DS born in 2011, MMC in 2012 and 2013. I am now 8w1d. Hopeful, but my last MMC was at 10 weeks. All the tests have been done, but they can't find anything wrong. It can't just be bad luck. I am starting to feel like we were lucky to have my DS. Best to you during this really difficult time.

I have two kids already ages 2&4 and now two mc in 2 months so i doubt they will test yet :(

MrsC-I've been there, done that... I had 3 mc before DS, a b/o before DD, and just had my 3rd m/c since DD last month. I too have been tested up the wazoo (or so it seems) and yet nothing has shown up other than a progesterone issue in my first trimester. I was just diagnosed with mycoplasma, which can cause clotting problems and miscarriage so I thought I'd pass that on to you as something else to look into. From what I can see, other symptoms vary for everyone so it's possible to have it and not know. As for testing, push for it. I am firmly convinced up to 5 of my pregnancies that ended in miscarriage wouldn't have ended there if only I had known about the mycoplasma and the progesterone.

Thank you so much for your post. I feel progesterone is an issue with me too. I have irregular cycles and prolonged bleeding (3 weeks of bleeding, one week not and then period starts again) as well as lots of other issues. I have raised this with various doctors but I'm fobbed off every time. Will try again! Good luck to you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->