2 Middle Names? What do you think?

Ckelley

Reaction score
So we are pretty much decided on the name:

Ember Elizabeth Rose

My husband is hung up on the fact that 4 names sound too long, but I can't seem to find a way to shorten it.:shrug:

We both love Ember, Elizabeth is a family name, and Rose is a name that DD1 really wants. (She wants Rosebella, but that is not going to happen. Lol) I want her to have some input.

What do you think of two middle names?

Honest opinion, but ONLY an opinion,...dh and I find it pretentious when people give their kids 2 middle names. That being said, the flow of the names you've chosen does sound nice.

My little girl will have 2 middle names on paper but when people ask what we are naming her we are only giving them the first name and first middle name.

We are using Jane after my grandmother who is a second mom to me, and then Marie is the other one which is mine, my moms and my other grandmothers middle name.

I'm terrible with coming up with names and I think the name you choose is perfect! I wish I could be able to work with 2 middles. I'm not clever enough lol

Honest opinion, but ONLY an opinion,...dh and I find it pretentious when people give their kids 2 middle names. That being said, the flow of the names you've chosen does sound nice.

Lol. I'm not offended at all. I went to school with a boy who had 9 middle names. He used his middle- middle name on official things. We know she will be our last, and we want it to mean something special just like my other DD.

My daughter is Charlie Noel. Her grandfather was Charlie Leon, went by Leon. Her dad is Charlie Leon Jr, goes by Chuck. My Charlie is the first to use the name and Noel is Leon backwards.

I like the name. I say go for it. My girl will have two middle names as well. I did fertility and she will be my only child. She is being named after my mom, father, and grandma. :)
As long as your ok with it who cares what others think!

Both of my children have two middle names we have Christian Daniel Edward (Chris after my dad, Daniel is DH name and Edward is the name passed down DH family) and Isabel Holly Louise (Isabel for my DH grandma, Holly after DH sister who nearly shared her birthday with DD and Louise after my aunt that can't have children)

All my DHs brothers and sisters have 2 middles names (there is 9 of them!) but because so many names have been used all ready in his family we are finding it hard to find names for this baby.

Also love the name you have picked :) it sounds beautiful xx

In France it's traditional to give 2 middle names. You hardly ever use them anyway so I don't see how it's a big deal.

Our daughter has her 2 grandma's names for middle names. If we have a boy this time around one of his middle names will be double barrelled as well (Eric Jean-Paul George), so talk about a mouthful. As long as they flow nicely I think it sounds nice, which your chosen names do!

My daughter has three names: Tessa Rae Honey.

The Rae is my Mum's middle name and Honey is after a very special pet we had.

We very rarely use all 3 names, but she gets called Tessa Rae all the time! It's actually become a bit like a double barreled name.

It's YOUR kid, name it what you like!! If the child doesn't like it when they are older then they can always change it :haha:

My son has 2 middle names.

Mostly because I have friends who dislike their name with a passion (eg a Gary Paul - but my friend prefers Paul and I can't blame him) and prefer and use their middle name instead.

I'd like to think my son will love his name but if he wants he's got 2 more to choose from.

And I know it sounds silly but our surname is quite common and I always google to make sure no killers have that name and in the future if someone who has the same name becomes famous for doing bad things, I'd like to think that my son has the option to use his middle names. I know it's silly and it's so easy to change your name by deed poll these days...

I think that sounds really nice but generally I think more than one middle name is abit much! All of our children will only have one and both me and DH only have one middle name. It's upto you though, it's not like people use the full name in every day conversation so if you like it I wouldn't worry too much about it x

Ember is really cute

I also knew a girl in school with 8 middle names it was ridiculous

personally I wouldn't do 2 middle names (its just unnecessary) same way I wouldn't only give a fist name (just lazy)

does your other daughter have 2?

if yes I would, if no I wouldn't

One of my daughters has two middle names, I like your choices and I love names with family connections :). Just a thought but how about Ember Eliza Rose?? It just shortens it a little??

My daughter has three names: Tessa Rae Honey.

The Rae is my Mum's middle name and Honey is after a very special pet we had.

We very rarely use all 3 names, but she gets called Tessa Rae all the time! It's actually become a bit like a double barreled name.

It's YOUR kid, name it what you like!! If the child doesn't like it when they are older then they can always change it :haha:

I work with a lady named Honey. I really like it, but it was weird to yell it down the hall one day!

One of my daughters has two middle names, I like your choices and I love names with family connections :). Just a thought but how about Ember Eliza Rose?? It just shortens it a little??

Thanks, I will think about it! I'm very much on the fence. The plan was to wait until she was born and pick what fits, but I really want to send it out as part of our baby shower invitations/ announcement.

My family traditionally have two middle names, we had Emmy Jane May chosen if Bubs was a girl, just found out he's a boy and he's going to be Sol Irwin, Irwin is my maiden name and we can't find any other name we like to go with it :-( Go for it, it's beautiful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->