2 paediatricians, public health nurse, what to do??

gumb69

No.3 on its way
Reaction score
Hi
This is probably a question that has been asked loads, sorry!!
My lo is 20 weeks and one day. He suffered with silent reflux and is lactose intolerant. I bf until 14 weeks and then I stopped as he would cry for bout 20 hours a day. The paediatrician said it was my breast milk causing the problem, I came off dairy and then expressed as he refused the boob. He eventually went on nutramigen at 14 weeks and is a different baby now, a lot more content. She told me to wean him onto solids at 17 weeks. I felt this was too early, I stopped giving him infant gaviscon and the losec.
He has never slept the night and are up at least twice a night to feed, so the sttn doesn't bother me as he has never done it.so weaning to sttn is not a reason for me.
Then we had another appointment with another paediatrician and he said wait until 6 months, then the public health nurse told me 4-6 months!!
Arrrgh!!
I don't think I researched at all will my dd, I gave her solids at 21 weeks.
My lb is always chewing on the hands, puts everything in his mouth, can sit unaided for about 15 seconds. Is he ready? He has had 22oz between midnight and 8am and the recommended guide is 28 oz in the day, he is a hungry baby.

So just wondering should I start him on baby rice? Do I do it at lunch time then give a bottle after? How have I forgotten this stuff already!!
They also said to give him lactose free stuff and at 12 months don't give him cows milk, slowly introduce normal formula and keep him on that until he is 2.
So much conflicting advice, my dh
Says I am starving him!!!

I wouldnt start him on solids for another few weeks yet as his gut wont be ready and even when you do i would avoid baby rice as it has no nutritional value. My lo was a BIG baby and always feeding. At 5 months he was bf every 2-3 hours and at almost 2 yrs still doesnt sttn. We waited until about 5 1/2 months and did fruit purees. Sitting up for 15 secs isnt really enough and biting hands could be teething as much as hungry. Hungry babies cry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->