2 questions but long complicated story for anyone who can help with any of them!

Destiny08

Reaction score
i dont know whats going on!
i havent had a period in about 18 months for a multitude of reasons. but for the last 2 weeks or so OH and I have been DTD at least once a day and I've been taking vit C, iron and agnus castus in the hopes of getting my period back.

as of about 3am i had some spotting...just a little amount, slightly pinkish and only when i wipe. it lasted until about 1pm and now its gone.
the last couple of days ive been having very mild cramps, and changes in my tastes...usually i have a very sweet tooth but for the last few days ive only wanted savoury and salty things...and mild nausea at all times of the day...and this morning
right after i woke up i fell asleep again on the sofa cos i just couldnt keep my eyes open...oh and ive had loads of headaches.

so! couple of questions...for anyone who can answer anything really.
1- how long should implantation bleeding last?
2- any opinions? is this my period coming back or implantation bleeding?

its just been so long since i had a normal cycle...i just have no idea whats going on with my body anymore lol

Have you seen your doctor? they can give you things to kick start your period x

they've refused to look into it more until its 6 months after I had my implanon removed :( which is October 17th

oh i also meant to say my temperature has been elevated for about a week now too. i dont take it in the morning, but in the evening after sitting for a few hours. usually first thing in the morning its around 36.19C and in the evenings after sitting for a few hours its usually around 36.30. but lately the lowest its been in the evening is 36.53.

and you can actually physically feel that im hot. DH has asked me not to come near him multiple times cos he can feel the heat radiating off me lol

Your temperature cannot be accurate with when you take it. It must must MUST be first thing when you wake up, before you even move! You need to have been rested for 5 hours with at least 3 hours sleep.

Taking it after sitting for a while does nothing because you have not taken into account for food and drink you've had, activity you done, weather, clothes you are wearing, if you are awake, tired or sleeping... Whereas at night you don't eat or drink, your breathing pattern will be same (you can tell if you have a cold by temps), you are still and your organs are not as busy pumping blood around.

With regards to your situation. I don't know if this is implantation bleeding. Seeing as you have had absent periods for 18 months (like myself) but with no medical intervention then it's highly unlikely that you are pregnant (I'm sorry) but just a breakthrough bleed. Implantation bleeding can last between 1-5 days. Some ladies even mistake it for a period. I know I did. I was gutted because I thought it had started but got curious when it didn't go to full flow.

Ask the doctor for an internal ultrasound to see how thick your lining is. If it gets too thick then you definitely need norethisterone or provera to induce a bleed because there could be further complications to a thick lining

thanks :) my problem is my DD doesnt sleep through lol. i dont ever have at least 3 hours sleep OR 5 hours rest :p the most accurate I can get it is resting in the evening :)

like i said, my GP wont do anything :(

thanks for the reply though! I'll update when I find out for sure!

just took my temp after literally just waking up. i had from 2am until just before 7 (but DD had a 15 min wakeup at 5am. so i sat next to her bed a while) and its still high - 36.44

If you wake up at 5am then temp then. If you go back to bed, temp again when you next wake up and use whenmybaby website to calculate your average temp depending on time.

Firstly the average adult temperature is about 37C and high is 37.8C so yours is quite low which usually suggests you haven't ovulated.

As for the bleeding I've heard of lots of people having breakthrough bleeding / spotting soon after starting agnus castus.

And my implantation bleeding was a chunk of brown cm at night and a slightly brown wipe the next morning.

thanks for the info :) took a test this morning which came out negative, but hopefully it simply means things are on their way back to normal!
ive also bought dong quai to hopefully kickstart things. if my dr wont help, i have to find other ways! and now i know im not pregnant, im willing to use more than just the agnus castus.

as a sidenote. of all the times ive taken my temp. ive never seen it higher than 37.5 lol but DD was a wonderful surprise so i wasnt temping back then :p

i had 35 day cycles before lol though sometimes id skip one. which is why i only knew i was pregnant 7 weeks in! its so difficult trying and desperately hoping to get pregnant, and even harder knowing im not getting my period...ie not ovulating.

Yup when I 1st came off my birth control I wasn't ovulating for 4 months- how long ago did you stop? It's hard each time thinking "this could be the one" then realizing when another 2 weeks pass you never had a chance.
A friend of mine was so smart, she just got married- ditched all hormonal birth control 6 months ago and was using condoms / withdrawal. Now that they are ttc no delays!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->