2 week old baby

mummy2be1987

Mummy to a gorgeous boy
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone help.... I have today decided to change baby to formula.. as bf isn't working for us.. Can you please advise how often he should be feeding and how much I should be feeding him.

He's still not over 7lb he's about 6.12-6.13. 3.1kg if thats any help?

Midwife has discharged me and I am not seeing health visitor for at least another week.. xx

My LO was 6lb11 when she was born. I stopped BF at 3 weeks and she would take about 3oz every 3 hours when we first started (including during the nights)

Shes now 12 weeks and takes 5x6oz bottles a day and starting to sleep longer at night

x

Heya. Congratulations on your baby boy!

I would start by offering 3oz bottles, but you may find that he only takes 1-2oz to start with as he is still small. Just let him drink what he wants and dont encourage him to finish the bottle if he doesnt seem interested.

Current advice is to feed on demand. So offer him milk whenever he seems hungry. If he doesnt give hunger cues after 3 hours during the day and 4 hours during the night, I would offer a bottle anyway and see if he takes it. Dont be surprised if he wants feeding as much as every 2 hours, as even with formula feeding young babies still want feeding little and often. xxx

My LO took small amounts and often, sometimes less than an oz at a time. She would usually take 0.5-2 oz an hour to hour and half. She was the same during the night too and like the PP said dont try and make him drink the whole bottle if he doesnt want it and to feed him when he wants.

Also dont worry too much if he is not drinking the same amount as what the box says he should be, I dont know a single baby that does.

Thank you for your response :) I have been trying him with 3oz and he seems to be taking those ok. Apart from the 2oz he took in the night and threw up but after that he settled till 6.30 and took 3 and a half oz. he's had another 3 since then and should be due anytime really.. hes currently sleeping though so i'm not going to wake him just yet.

Thankyou though for your help xx

In exact same boat today. First day of ff after giving up bf. Can i just say... "your baby SLEEPS???" i am jealous.

In exact same boat today. First day of ff after giving up bf. Can i just say... "your baby SLEEPS???" i am jealous.

Yeah mainly in the day doesn't like hismoses basket. Likes mummy and mummy's bed :(

my little one was 6lb 7 at 40+6 and as of thursday passed is now up to 7lb 11! he's on 3oz every 3 hours which i think is just normal :) it's just reading their cues :) overtired or just wanting to suckle can be mistaken for hunger too - i think my OH might be doing this at night and overfeeding :dohh:

I feed Austin on demand he's set his own 3-4 hourly schedule of 3oz x

my little one was 6lb 7 at 40+6 and as of thursday passed is now up to 7lb 11! he's on 3oz every 3 hours which i think is just normal :) it's just reading their cues :) overtired or just wanting to suckle can be mistaken for hunger too - i think my OH might be doing this at night and overfeeding :dohh:

I'm back!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->