2 week old sleeping too much?

nicksi27

Reaction score
My DD is 17 days old and is probably awake a total of 1 1/2 hrs per day maximum sometimes not even that. I know I should count my lucky stars but I actually can't wait for her to be awake more. She has been diagnosed with cows milk allergy and reflux and has been started on ranitidine but I'm assuming it's nothing to do with that. She has plenty of wet nappies and has 3-4oz every 3-4 hours but then she's straight back to sleep or is asleep whilst feeding. Just can't remember my DS sleeping this much.

Anyone else's babies sleeping this much?

Think that sounds normal Hun. I think we just forgot how much new Borns sleep x

My LB is exactly the same! He's been asleep most of the day today; wakes up for a feed, nappy change, then back to sleep! It's freaking me out! He was in hospital for a few days after birth with jaundice and fatigue which affected his feeding and slept all day then. I asked the doctors and they looked at me like I was crazy! Newborns sleep a lot apparently! Average 16-20h a day! DD did not do that! 😂

For you, she might be getting used to the meds and using her energy internally, so sleeping to help that? If your worried, speak to your doctor again.

My LO had jaundice as well but she didn't need a hospital stay. Omg totally forgot how worrying newborns are!! She was actually awake much more yesterday and me and my OH were commenting on it but it's like she tired herself out or something. She's just stirred, had her nappy changed and drained 4.5oz and is back to sleep. I think I'll just ask about it if it carries on after a few days. I vaguely remember us worrying that ds slept a lot too but I cant remember how much. Emily hasnt had the easiest of starts she has been to hospital twice and docs twice for milk changes and meds so I'm hoping she's going to pick up now. The reflux has been a nightmare bless her.

I guess we shouldn't complain really ...I'm sure itll all change soon!

I'm waiting for the nap-fighting and the screaming nights! It's bound to happen at some point! Maybe we should just enjoy it while we can! 😂

That sounds normal. Newborns sleep such a lot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->