2 week old won't settle at night

rickster

Reaction score
Hi, ladies! I have 2 weeks old baby and seems that he has problems with tummy ache(wind) especially at night. I will feed him, wind him, change his nappy, but once I try to put him in a cot , he will start straining and be a little bit sick or just cry.We are bottle feeding and when we have him out of his basket he is all fine,but once he goes back in he just won't settle.Any ideas what we can do?
Thank you Ricky xx

Leo was like this. He was very sicky when he was first born and he would cry and cry if you put him in his cot all night. He did this up untill 4 weeks. Now he sleeps in the carry cot off the top of his pram and he sleeps from 1 am till roughly 9am. I dunno what it is but he just wont sleep in his crib but he will in the carry cot.

Does he sleep ok in the day time?

x

Have you tried leaving him upright (in your arms) for 20-30 minutes after the feed?

He may have colic hun. Maybe go to the chemist and get some infacol. It helps relive colicy pain. Aidan was like this when he was born and as soon as i gave him infacol he would settle staright away

Also try swaddling him. If you don't know how to. You fold a corner of a blanket over and then lay him on the blanket wit his head ober the fold. The gentle pt his arms on his chest and wrap one side tightly round him and tuck it under him and then the same for the other side.

It works a treat for aidan because of reminds them of being in the womb
xx

Leo was like this. He was very sicky when he was first born and he would cry and cry if you put him in his cot all night. He did this up untill 4 weeks. Now he sleeps in the carry cot off the top of his pram and he sleeps from 1 am till roughly 9am. I dunno what it is but he just wont sleep in his crib but he will in the carry cot.

x

he sleeps okay in the day time. He sleeps after he has been fed and he loves sleeping in his car seat even when his feeding time is he just sleeps past it.

x

he sleeps okay in the day time. He sleeps after he has been fed and he loves sleeping in his car seat even when his feeding time is he just sleeps past it.

Leo's the same. If we've been out and hes in the pram or car seat he'll just sleep and sleep even if hes due a feed. What kind of pram do you have? We have a sliver cross one which has like the big carry cot so it is safe to sleep in. If you find he settles in that maybe try letting him sleep in it at night for one night and see if he settles?

x

Have you tried leaving him upright (in your arms) for 20-30 minutes after the feed?

we tried all last night. I ended up awake all night and feeding him as he seemed hungry all night.Maybe it is also cos he was born a months too early and came only home on Monday. It was all loud at the neo-natal unit and maybe he is not used to it being all quiet.

He may have colic hun. Maybe go to the chemist and get some infacol. It helps relive colicy pain. Aidan was like this when he was born and as soon as i gave him infacol he would settle staright away

Also try swaddling him. If you don't know how to. You fold a corner of a blanket over and then lay him on the blanket wit his head ober the fold. The gentle pt his arms on his chest and wrap one side tightly round him and tuck it under him and then the same for the other side.

It works a treat for aidan because of reminds them of being in the womb
xx

I think he is very windy but we wind him for ages and nothing comes up. I will give the swaddling a go and see what he does. Thank you.xx

i'd certaijnly give the Infacol ot gripe water a try. It seems to help Robyn alot in the evenings.

Jay used to suffer a lot from wind :( Have you tried putting the crib / moses basket at an angle? Jay slept in his carrycot inside his cot at an angle until about a month ago and it seemed to help :)

xx

x

Leo's the same. If we've been out and hes in the pram or car seat he'll just sleep and sleep even if hes due a feed. What kind of pram do you have? We have a sliver cross one which has like the big carry cot so it is safe to sleep in. If you find he settles in that maybe try letting him sleep in it at night for one night and see if he settles?

x

We have a Graco Travelsystem.He loves being in that.He just went to sleep now on one of my t-shirts and seems okay. Lets hope that works at night too.xx

Larissa was the same, hated going in the moses basket at night, I tried tilting the basket, hot water bottle in there b4 bed to make it warm, lavender baths, putting in my top so she has my smell, none seemed to work so I bought a pink noise CD which is like white noise but lower frequency so nicer to listen to. She grumbles when I put her down, I then put the cd on and she quietens instantly. Ive now uploaded it to an ipod shuffle and bought a mini speaker which sits at the top of her cot and goes on when we have a few winges. Works a treat and I highly reccommend.

Rickster. I have exactly the same problem with Molly who came home form neonatal unit on Sunday. Very helpful thread!

Rickster. I have exactly the same problem with Molly who came home form neonatal unit on Sunday. Very helpful thread!

Hi. So how you get her to sleep? I have managed now to put him to sleep. Seems like he sleeps better in the day than at night.But we are pretty much out of ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->