2 year old in her own bedroom

mummy2ellie

Reaction score
hiya
since iv been pregnaant iv been more convinced that i need to put my daughter in her own room
so im guna do it in the nxt few weeks but im so scared

like what if she falls out of bed,,,,,,,,(buy a bed guard i no lol)
and what if she comes out of the bedroom and falls down the stairs
every little thing is scaring me but i no iv gotta do it for her sake
have any of you got any tips
and worst thing is she likes getting in bed with me so what if she doesnt settle
ARG advice pls lol thnk you xxxx

If you have stairs you can always use a babygate ot the top of them or put it in her doorway. I have a 2 1/2 yr old that loves to crawl into bed with me, some nights i am so sleepy i just let him stay with me but mostly i just put him back into bed and do the bedtime routine again. kisses and hugs and tuck him back into bed.

I know it's hard but its something that has to be done, i was the same with my little boy.

Try reading a bedtime story, and if she becomes unsettled go and try and settle her again.

if you are worried about the stairs youcould get a stairgate and as you said a bed guard for the bed.

It'll be alright, promise xx

explain to her what is happening, that she is going to be going in her bedroom, put her in bed read her a story and say night night, if she gets out of bed, say its bed time and put her straight back in bed, if she gets out of her bed again just keep putting her back in without saying anything.

i know its scarey hun but it has to be done, get a bed guard for her bed, and get a stair gate for the stairs.

If she does get up in the middle of the night make sure u put her straight back in bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->