2 years on and in agony!

callumsmummy

mommy to callum and WTT x
Reaction score
my son is 2 next month...
i had him naturally but had to be cut down below
well after a year in pain with my scar i went to the doctors and they refeered me to a gynae...
i seen the gynae and they said the pain im in is actual scar tissue on my scar and they can recut and restitch me but it wont make a difference?
so they have dicharged me?
im on tramadol EVERY SINGLE DAY, and i cant work as it makes me very drowsy!
what can i do ?
im sick of being in pain surely it shouldnt be this bad after so long?
maybe i could get re-reffered to someone else but they wil probably say the same?
any advice please?

iv heard about the fentons procedure?:wacko:

For a start, you need to get referred to a pain management clinic. There are more effective and less addictive ways of dealing with the pain such as slow release patches, or switching the med every so often to get the full benefit.

Is the scar fully healed? If not then your doctors should be looking into why not- do you have any underlying conditions that would affect healing?

If the scar is fully healed then there is a chance it is nerve (neuropathic) pain you are feeling, in which case Tramadol won't be the best solution, medications like amytriptilline are more effective.

But I would keep pushing until your doctors take you seriously and sort out some actual treatment for you.

The PP seems more informed than me but definitely go back to your GP. Ask to be referred to a different gynae next time. They need to get this sorted, not just send you away with tramadol. That is one hideous drug. My DH ended up addicted to that because of an NHS screw up where they refused to treat his pain properly. Keep pushing them!

Hi. Sorry to hear you are having problems. I gave birth to my son 3 years ago and suffered a 3rd degree tear. I had a fentons procedure 6 months after giving birth. It did make a difference. I continue to have problems, but use an estrogen pessarie 5 times a week to keep the muscle healthy as it degenerated, it is taking a while but seems to be helping. I have other problems too following the birth, but I won't bore you. My point is, there are things that can be done to help. Psychosexual counselling is also available to help you deal with the psychological issues that often occur following a bad tear.

I hope that you things get sorted xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"