20.3.11 Sophie Louise born @ 35 weeks

anna1986

mummy of 2
Reaction score
SOPHIE LOUISE BORN 20.3.11 @ 05:29 (35+1 WEEKS)

heres my late birth story - STOP READING NOW IF EASILY SCARED

OK -

At approx 1:30 am on 20.3 my waters broke n as i was only 35w n baby was breech hospital wanted me to go in. got hospital bag n the paniced husband n off we went, arrived at hospital at 02:45 after baby was listened to on machine n it was confirmed i was having no contractions they contacted the on call doc to come n do an internal to c if i was dilating - i wasnt! They then decided that i should av anti-biotics n go home n try n c if we could get to 37w b4 delivering baby! midwife n doc went away to sort anti-biotics. at approx 4;15 they came bk n said there was a change of plan n they were admitting me so they could monitor the baby for the rest of the night! hubby then went home! at approx 5;10am i went to the loo n wen i wiped i felt something! went bk to my room n rang the bell for mw! MW came in n had a look - turns out i had a prolapsed cord! MW rang emergency alarm about 10 mw n docs ran in n i was rushed to theatre for an emergency section. was on all 4s on the bed with a mw on the bed with me with her hand up my vagina holding the cord bk in to keep my baby alive being rushed through the corridors!
once in theatre i was put asleep within minutes and my daughter was born at 05:29 weighing 4lb14oz.
she spent 6 days in intensive care then 4 days in special care n came home on the 30.3.11
now shes 8 weeks old n doin really well weighs 8lb n is gorgeous.

the day my daughter was born was the best but most traumatic day of my life but wouldnt change it as i have one beautiful n happy lil girl now who wanted to come into this world early n boy did she make an entrance!

thank you for reading

That must have been very frightening for you, thank goodness they decided to keep you in over night.

Congrats xxxxx

Congratulations, sorry it was so traumatic! X

wow! thats some birth story! well done and congrats x

Congratulations, glad all was well in the end x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member