20 week scan results. A little worried

cskme_

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I might just be overreacting as my obgyn and family doctor said its nothing to worry about. I went for my anomaly scan at 19 weeks and they found everything to be healthy, except for a small echogenic focus on the left chamber of the heart. She said my nt scan and bloodwork were all fine and considering my age (23) it's nothing to worry about.
Of course I am still worried. Does anyone know if they can tell for sure that everything is fine because of my bloodwork? It was just routine 12 and 15 week bloodwork. I'm just worried I want my baby to be healthy more than anything in the world

My first had the same thing. It can be a soft marker for Down. But it's also a very common artifact of the scan.

Since genetic testing had cleared us already and there were no other signs of a problem, we weren't worried. It wasn't there on the next scan.

If you had the blood genetic testing, it's almost 100% accurate. If they did not detect an extra chromosome then it's not there.

My first had the same thing. It can be a soft marker for Down. But it's also a very common artifact of the scan.

Since genetic testing had cleared us already and there were no other signs of a problem, we weren't worried. It wasn't there on the next scan.

If you had the blood genetic testing, it's almost 100% accurate. If they did not detect an extra chromosome then it's not there.

I'm just not sure what they check on the blood tests, do they look for extra chromosomes? They were just regular tests I didn't get the harmony or any of those specialized tests done. I just read a bunch of stuff online and pretty much everything is saying don't worry about it. Apparently it's very common and it's only 1 in 12 markers.

It is very common. If you didn't do the genetic testing, likely it was the Quad screen which looks for the presence of spinal fluid and other embryonic fluids in your blood stream that can indicate spina bifida and other large scale abnormalities.

If there weren't any other markers, it's just an anomaly of the scanning process. It's hard not to worry and I definitely was happy to see it was gone later on.

Hey everyone, I might just be overreacting as my obgyn and family doctor said its nothing to worry about. I went for my anomaly scan at 19 weeks and they found everything to be healthy, except for a small echogenic focus on the left chamber of the heart. She said my nt scan and bloodwork were all fine and considering my age (23) it's nothing to worry about.
Of course I am still worried. Does anyone know if they can tell for sure that everything is fine because of my bloodwork? It was just routine 12 and 15 week bloodwork. I'm just worried I want my baby to be healthy more than anything in the world

My daughter also has an EIF. My doc assured me it was very common & the majority of the time they resolve on their own. I am getting another scan in my 3rd trimester, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's gone by then. I Googled it & was surprised that about 99% of the stories I read were all positive & they resolved on their own... So that's very reassuring!

My daughter also has an EIF. My doc assured me it was very common & the majority of the time they resolve on their own. I am getting another scan in my 3rd trimester, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's gone by then. I Googled it & was surprised that about 99% of the stories I read were all positive & they resolved on their own... So that's very reassuring!

That is so good to hear thank you for that! Do you know what happens if they don't resolve on their own?
I haven't been offered another scan for third tri but maybe I will ask my doctor if there's a possibility of me having one done, just for peace of mind.

It is very common. If you didn't do the genetic testing, likely it was the Quad screen which looks for the presence of spinal fluid and other embryonic fluids in your blood stream that can indicate spina bifida and other large scale abnormalities.

If there weren't any other markers, it's just an anomaly of the scanning process. It's hard not to worry and I definitely was happy to see it was gone later on.

I don't have another scan I think that was my last one. I am hoping it goes away on its own, she said it was small so hopefully that means that it is already going away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->