20 week scan showed thick nuchal fold (7.2mm) advice??

Ecaxx

Reaction score
Hi I recently had my 20 week ultrasound and a soft marker for down sydrome was found ( thick nuchal fold 7.2mm) but everything else seem fine ( heart , spine , brain , kindnys etc) but because of the thick nuchal fold they said I may be at high risk of my baby having DS 1/120 ....

As I am only 20 I declined the amnio but I am still worried cause the thickness should be 6mm at this stage of pregnancy , I didn't have my first trimester ultrasound but im hearing the measurement for the fold isn't relevant after 12 weeks?

I'm praying for a healthy baby as this is my first child but has anyone had the same or similar problem and had a healthy baby I won't terminate regardless but the wait is just a horror.

Please help

Xxx

Hi, didn't want to read and run, just wishing you all the best, you might find there may be others in the same situation in the second trimester part of the forum, may be some one there Could have something more useful and supportive for you :flower:

After 12 weeks the nuchal measurments aren't accurate at all hun.

Are you in the UK? I dont think most hospitals would do them past 13 weeks, at mine if you miss the 13 weeks deadline they wont do nuchal measurmenst x

After 12 weeks the nuchal measurments aren't accurate at all hun.

Are you in the UK? I dont think most hospitals would do them past 13 weeks, at mine if you miss the 13 weeks deadline they wont do nuchal measurmenst x

This.. My hospital only do the nuchal measurements between 10 and 13 weeks.

what the others said! there is a reason why it is measured before 14wks...it is not accurte after that.

Thanks girls , and that's what I found out when I was searching the internet that it shouldn't be measured but they did at the anomaly scan , cause I didn't have my 12 week scan ..... So that means I have less to worry as everything else is fine in my baby boy
. And I'm living in australia so don't know why it was done so late

So I'm refusing the amnio for sure cause I have high hope my baby is well and healthly.

18 more weeks till birth :) once again thanks

I think your right to turn down the amnio hun I didn't allow them to do the ds test as it wouldnt of made a difference to me if baby had downs or not it would. still be my precious baby.

My baby had a above average nuchal too hun & he is perfect & 7.2 isn't extremely high either iv seen a lot higher than that & babies turn out fine, try not to worry hun.
Just think its your precious baby inside and hope for health but if it does have ds you will love him/her just the same.
Good luck

Sorry hun just read your reply & I totally agree its not acurate after 14wks :)

Thanks for the advice Hun , I'm not as worried as I used to be after reading positive posts by people , how thick was your measurement? And I'm happy your baby was born healthy Im hoping for the same :)

And I'm sure he will be just fine cause either way he is my baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->