• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

20 week scan was perfect... so why am I still worried?!

HannahMae

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently 20+5 with my first baby. This is my second pregnancy (suffered a MMC at 12 weeks back in April). Due to my previous loss this pregnancy has been fraught with anxiety.

I had my 20 week scan yesterday and was thrilled to see that everything was fine with my baby girl. Heart, brain, measurements etc all normal. Sonographer even said it was a 'nice easy, normal scan'.

I also found out that I have an anterior placenta and she had wedged herself right up against it, making it hard to get a shot of her face, little monkey!

So, everything is perfectly fine. So why am I still worrying? I think it's partly because I haven't really felt any movements yet (aside from occasional pops and flutters which might actually be gas and not baby) and during the scan she didn't really move much. A little nod of the head and movement of the foot, but that's it. I know she was most likely just comfy/asleep but I'm still worried! The sonographer could still get all the measurements she needed.

I read posts from women who have been feeling their baby kicking away for weeks and I'm like 'not me!'.

I know I'm likely just being silly but this anxiety is making it hard to enjoy my pregnancy!

I think you’ll alway worry, it’s all part of pregnancy and motherhood. But be reassured that your scan went well, if the sonography was at all worried about anything she would have told you. Congratulations on your little girl. Try to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

I agree with Laura, on top of that you have an anterior placenta. I had an anterior placenta with my first two pregnancies and that made it really hard to feel baby kicks until around 25 weeks. I didn't really know the difference that an anterior placenta made until this pregnancy. I don't have an anterior placenta with this pregnancy so I've been able to feel baby kicks since 16 to 18 weeks.

I don't have any advice, but just wanted to commiserate as I'm in exactly the same boat.

I've had 4 losses, but they were all really early. I've no need to be still on edge! I'm almost 27 weeks and now beginning to fret about having pre-eclampsia again. DS was induced at 35 wks because I had protein and my blood pressure was SCARY high. He was fine... but I'm still really apprehensive.

Had a scan on Tues (I'm consultant led) and Dr said little DD is another dinky baby... just scraping into the tenth percentile. Hoping I can hang on as long as possible, but it's so hard to relax and not stress!

I think your feelings are normal.

I also had a MC at 7w +1 then 3 months later pregnant with DD...and I was nervous the entire time!

Pregnant again and those thoughts still haunt me! But knowing that my body has now been pregnant 3x and have given birth 1x soon to be 2, gives me reassurance that all things will work out with another healthy baby.

Stay encouraged and enjoy ya bump!

I have had 3 losses and DS from pregnancy number 3. I am currently 12 weeks pg with number 2. And I can understand your worry and anxiety. I was the whole way through with DS and I was convinced it would all go wrong. And yet again I am battling hard with anxiety during this pregnancy. But do try to take each day as it comes. Unfortunately the worrying never stops - that's being mum. But I like to think I worry because I care and love my baby and that is never a bad thing. I have tried relaxation music, yoga etc and even though it hasn't stopped the worrying it helps me manage it. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and your DD is lucky to have a great mum!

It's understandable .Pregnancy is such a worrying time. I worried right up until the end :hugs:

I have never had a mc or anything but I have been worried pretty much constantly. I spent years worrying and convincing myself that I may never get pregnant even though it was all I ever wanted. I still worry most of the time. But in the beginning it was extreme. To the point where I couldn't bring myself to say when the baby gets here. In my mind it was alway IF the baby get here. Each dr appointment I lose a little of the anxiety. Hopefully after my anatomy scan and when I start to feel movements, I will be able to relax and enjoy it much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->