20 week update & scan

mummyluv

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I haven't posted in ages, so since today is my 20 week mark I thought I'd do a quick update. So, me and OH finally moved into are new apartment, this means we ate starting to, at last, get round to seriously buying stuff for LO nursery. The only problem is because we have moved we have had to spend nearly £2000 for new things to go into the house (basic stuff like sofas, beds, fridge etc) So now we have about £900 left to buy furniture for the baby's nursery. Is this enough (by the way I really don't want to buy second hand)

Also me and OH have finalised are wedding plans we are getting married on the 18th of Febuary. The dates changed since last time I posted because we are getting married in . . . . . . Mexico and we wanted the weather to be a little wamer.

Plus I had my 20 week scan today. And everything is exactly as it should be.
:hugs::hugs:

Glad your scan went well!

And yes it should be look here me and OH got our moses basket right cheap :) Just shop around, I've learnt that the expensive things aren't always better than cheaper things :)

I'm glad everything went well? How old are you if you don't mind me asking, because normally teens don't have the money to do all those things

I'm glad everything went well? How old are you if you don't mind me asking, because normally teens don't have the money to do all those things

I'm 17 but OH is 22 and the flat was inherited. Plus his parents have been giving us lots of help with furnishings ect and are even helping pay for most of LO things.

So glad to hear your scan went well!

We are in a similar situation, but are collecting everything we need for the new apartment before we actually search for one. Hoping to be out before lo's arrival. We had everything at one point, when we were living with a roommate but ended up losing everything when we left, because she was an awful person. So we're starting from the bottom again! £900 should be more than enough to tackle the nursery!

So glad everything is going well! So jealous of the wedding in Mexico! I'm dying to go there just for a holiday, I bet getting married out there will be ace. Sometimes the little shops sellers have on ebay sell brand new furniture, just cheaper, might be worth checking it out

Glad your scan went well! I would look at the furniture on Argos' website- they've got a brilliant sale on at the moment and some things are going really cheap! Good luck, hope everything turns out perfect!

£900 should be more than enough if you shop carefully :)
Just remember how quick you'r LO will grow, so baby wardrobes etc. are not always the best and they are quite expensive when you can have longer lasting furniture for your LO. Same with the cot if you don't have or want to buy a single bed a cotbed would be easier as is does up to age 3-4.
Just shop about and you won't need to get second-hand and can still have fab quality.

Congrats on getting married in Mexico, beautiful location :)

Glad you'r LO is doing well and happy half way mark. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"