20 Weeks 7mm Nuchal Fold

Lvo88

Reaction score
I am writing because I really need some motivating hopefully positive stories about a similar situation like mine. A week ago I went for my 20 week scan (I was 19 weeks 4 days) and the midwife told me the baby was measuring at almost 22 weeks and she needed to send the pictures away to have it double checked because my due date may needed to be changed. I really didn't think much of it.
3 days later on Tuesday, I got a call saying his nuchal fold measured 7mm and normal is "less than 5 less than 6mm range." kinda weird how it was said but 7 was not in the normal range. There is an increased chance of a chromosomal abnormality with the baby and I am heartbroken. Everything else was okay. I gave 2 vials of blood for the Maternit21 test and it's been exactly a week today and I still haven't gotten my results back. I have an appointment at fetal medicine this Thursday as well.
I cannot sleep, I am crying and in a bad mood all the time.
If anyone can relate or has a positive (or even negative) story please share with me! I have gone to so many pages on google and I am driving myself crazy!!

I have definitely read stories where they gave people a really high chance of having downs and the babies came out perfectly healthy. Your test will probably take 2 weeks before they call you. I remember that wait drove me crazy...I tested positive for being a Cystic fibrosis carrier and we had to wait 2 weeks to find out if my husband was. Extremely stressful. I hope your test results come back ok!

At our anatomy scan, LO's nuchal fold measured over 6mm and he had an echogenic bowel. We also had to wait for the results of MaterniT21 and it felt like FOREVER. Luckily, we got our results back in 6 calendar days and everything was all clear. The odds of something being wrong, especially with only 1 soft marker, are pretty slim from what my OB told me. Even though we had 2, she said she would have been shocked if the results from the MaterniT21 were bad.

Good luck! I know how harrowing it feels to wait. It was a rough 6 days for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->