20 weeks with Twins, thinned cervix.

klabro

Reaction score
So I had my 20 week anatomy scan today with fraternal twins. Babies look great, my cervix, not so great. I am completely thinned out, not open but thinned. The high risk doctor essentially told me to go home for a week and come back next week and they'll be able to tell me which way they think its going to go. I'm only 20 weeks right now. I'm in the states so they don't offer cerclage or pessary for twins here. Any experiences or opinions on this? I'm in a complete state of shock and just don't really know how to respond right now.

Didn't want to r and r, hope all is ok and why won't they offer a stitch?xxx

At 26 weeks we discovered there was 4mm left of my cervix. I was hospitalised for bedrest and given steroids. I went home at 30 weeks and am now 32. when I was hospitalised my dr was away, when he returned he said that if he had have been there he wouldn't have admitted me. He said that with twin pregnancies there is no evidence that bedrest works, along with no evidence that progesterone helps. since I've been home, I haven't been resting much and there is no difference in my cervix.

I am still waiting to have my 20 week ultrasound. I will be having it on Friday at 21+5. I know when I spoke to the high risk Dr at 13 weeks that he said I could have a cerclage before 24 weeks if needed. I hope everything is working out for you and you are able to keep those babies cooking.

Unfortunately I lost my babies at 21 weeks 1 day. They placed a Pessary after I posted this and when I went in for a 1 week follow up the water bag was bulging through the Pessary. They took the Pessary out to check and I was dilated to a 3.

So sorry to hear this, much love and big hug xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->