babylove x

Reaction score
Update, were back to carter. ThTs been bubs name since day 1. If i want ill call him kc anyways ;) Xx
We sort of fell in love with Casey, as my dh's dad called him KC (initials) before he left. Sort of would represent a lot.

What do you think?

Casey Wilson (dh middle name)
Casey James

We are in the US, fyi. I can't stand all the good boys names becoming unisex around here!!!!! :wacko::growlmad: just being petty. :blush:

If you don't like unisex names it's worth noting that in the UK Casey is only a girl's name. And a slightly dated one too.

I'm not sure about it but probably because I'm used to it as a girl's name, but it goes nicely with James.

It's really a girl name there?! It's originally a boy name here, but girls seem to be taking over.

Do you have any suggestions for boys that are similar, either casey could be short for.. or that start with a k, so we can call him KC... ?

Kevin, Kelvin, Kieron

(I still like carter!!)

what about KYLER!!

We seem to have gotten real hung up over Casey, even topping Carter!! I would just opt to spell it Karter, so I could call him KC.. But I absolutely do not like Carter with a K :(

Boys are so hard.

It is a girls name over here but I much prefer it as a boys, like Casey Affleck. Unless you're planning on emigrating I wouldn't let it change your mind.

I looked around the US and the trend for naming girls that has been on a steep decline for years now, sooo hopefully that means it won't be such an issue for him current year.. if that makes sense?

That name took us by surprise, I think the value of it to us more than anything.

Thank you. :flow:

edit-- you have no idea how bad I would love to emigrate :haha:

I like it :). It makes me think of an easy going, genuine kind of guy :). It is a girls name here but I think it suits a boy much better.

I love it for both a boy or a girl, and even though it's unisex, I don't think it's one of those names that people would really go "that's a boy's name" or "that's a girl's name" if it was used on the opposite sex...I just think it works well for either. And in Canada, I'd associate it a bit more with boys. And I like it with James...a classic, strong guys name.

I think it sounds more like a girl's name if I'm honest. (I live in the UK though)

Casey James sounds very, very masculine to me! Almost makes me think old western days (hope you don't take that negatively!) I think it's awesome. He could always be a CJ, too. Don't let other's opinions bring you down. Do what you like, especially if it's not THAT out there of a name.

Thank you everyone, the more input the better! Im happy the popularity overall is like non existant haha i would like boys to take that name back over. I think it suits boys better as well i have known both growing up! Western isnt offensive maybe hell like country music with his momma cause his sister isnt a fan ;)

I like it :). It makes me think of an easy going, genuine kind of guy :). It is a girls name here but I think it suits a boy much better.

Thats how i feel like hes going to be, if that makes sense? Ive said from day one i think hes going to be very quiet, and shy, i dont think hellbe as independent as Anna has been. Not in a bad way, hes just going to be differemt from her. So im glad you said that!

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/

Check out the SSI/SSA US baby names website - it's the most accurate way to see how popular a name is!

I just looked up Casey and over the past 40 yrs it has never even been in the top 1000 for a girl!! In 2013 it ranked #490 for a boy! It was most popular in the 80s, as a boy's name. The most popular it ever was, was in 1987 when it came in at #80.

I LOVE the name Casey for a boy!!!

Every male Casey I have ever known has been very good looking!! In high school I had a huge crush on a gorgeous boy named Casey!! And there have been two American Idol Top 10 finalists named Casey over the past few years!! Casey James was one of my favorite - he's soo handsome!!

My friend named her son Casey last year.

I suggested this name to my SIL, but she ignored me - LOL.

I also love the name Carson! And Kyler!! They are all on my list! :happydance:

Attachments

• casey-james-5.jpg
    casey-james-5.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1
I'm not keen.
I'm in the uk and know 3 girl Casey's age 18-25 and 1 boy Casey age 10 months.
I feel it's an out dated name x

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/

Check out the SSI/SSA US baby names website - it's the most accurate way to see how popular a name is!

I just looked up Casey and over the past 40 yrs it has never even been in the top 1000 for a girl!! In 2013 it ranked #490 for a boy! It was most popular in the 80s, as a boy's name. The most popular it ever was, was in 1987 when it came in at #80.

I LOVE the name Casey for a boy!!!

Every male Casey I have ever known has been very good looking!! In high school I had a huge crush on a gorgeous boy named Casey!! And there have been two American Idol Top 10 finalists named Casey over the past few years!! Casey James was one of my favorite - he's soo handsome!!

My friend named her son Casey last year.

I suggested this name to my SIL, but she ignored me - LOL.

I also love the name Carson! And Kyler!! They are all on my list! :happydance:

WE'VE GOT THE SAME TASTES!!!!! That is hilarious!!!! I think I need to lay off google though. :haha:

Where roughly in the states are you?

I'm in the states also and I think Casey is a lovely name for boy or girl. I really see it equally either gender, not a boy name used on a girl or vice versa.

I know a guy named Kacy who also goes by "KC" and I think this spelling makes more sense if you want the initials KC.

Also I'd go against the grain here and say I love Casey Wilson moreso than Casey James!! I really like the name Wilson as it's more unique

Other options:
Karson
Kasen
Kyson

Im in the UK and definetly see it as a boys name but thats probably because I have recently watched the TV series Chuck where the main NSA agent is called Casey.

Also spelt like that i wouldnt think its a girls name - Kasey on the other had is girly to me lol

I think the k variations make ppl mpre inclined to think girl by first impression when they see it ! I like wilson itd be after his dad n gpas middle names

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->