22 month olds limited eating

kat132

3 boys
Reaction score
Should i be worried. Ds2 will only eat fruit, waffles, fish fingers, chicken nuggets and his lunch which is a sandwich and crisps. That is literally his diet. He used to eat everything and slowly started refusing one dish at a time. He will go days and days on end not eating dinner. He wont even drink milk anymore. I really don't know what to do with him. I feel terrible when he doesn't have any dinner but at the same time i don't want him thinking i am giving in to him! Ds1 went through the same but ate a few more bits like beans and sausages. Ds2 wont eat beans, spaghetti hoops, vegetables....nothing.
should i take him to the doctors?? Start giving him vitamins?
Ds1 eats everything now and has done for the last 4 months or so so it took me a long time to get him out of eating crap but now i cant do a fresh meal for ds1 and give ds2 fish fingers, its not fair!!
Help!! :dohh:

My lo goes through phases of being the same although he's just turned 3 so slightly older. When he was younger I used to allow him some fruit and yoghurt whether he'd eaten or not but that was more selfish on my part as I knew he'd be awful during the night if he had nothing. Now if he doesn't eat his tea he doesn't have anything else and I'm very strict about that. He can also go days without a proper evening meal. He does however still drink milk so that's something less for me to worry about. You could try starting vitamins if you are worried but you could also contact a health visitor to see if they have any ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->