22 week 3 days

RobotGirl

Reaction score
In 2008 atj ust 17 years old, I realized I was 3 months pregnant.
My boyfriend left me and wouldn't have anything to do with me. I was absolutely heart broken.
I continued going to school and hiding the fact that I was pregnant from everyone including my parents until I told my best friend and he took me to a free clinic at 18 weeks.
The clinic said my blood pressure was on the high side and the ultrasound tech said she thought the baby was a boy. I was given a list of doctors, was told to tell my parents, and sent on my way.
In the early morning hours of July 14, 2008 I awoke in a lot of pain. but I assumed it was just pregnancy related and went to summer school. By the time summer school ended around noon, I was feeling god awful and told the friend who had taken me to the clinic so. I then started passing out so he rushed me to the hospital.
When I got there, my blood pressure was 181/100 and they wanted to do an emergancy c-section but couldn't because I was already 10 CM. How I did not realize I had been in labor I will never know and I do very much blame myself.
At 3:01 PM Alicia Jeanette was born weighing in at 1 pound 2 OZ 11.3 inches long. She passed away at 3:34 PM. I left the hospital against medical advice because I did not believe them when they said they wouldn't tell my parents. Because of this I believed I may never be able to have children. I tried my best to move on and pretend it never happened.
in October of 2010, my daughter Ayla was born. It was after that that I was able to finally start talking about what had happened. A few people know, including my husband who made the oh so sensitive comment that I should be glad Alicia is dead because my ex was a loser. My husband struggles with alcoholism, and I'm certain if Ayla had died he wouldn't believe it was for the best because he can't stop drinking. believe
My parents still do not know. I fear if they ever did they would not forgive me for not telling them. I see how much they love my daughter.
I'm sorry this was so long. If you are still reading. thank you so much.

You are very brave indeed sweetheart. :hugs: Please dont blame yourself. :hugs:

I am so sorry this happened to you :cry::cry: You were young and scared and in ways you still are scared, If you feel it best not to tell your parents then that is your choice and nobody else's . I can't agree with with what your husband said, I am sorry I think it was a cruel statement. I hope he gets some help and stops the drinking for his sake and your daughters. What happened to you will stay with you always just like it stays with me also.We do get stronger but there is always something missing. I am so deeply sorry and if you ever need a friend or just to talk I am here XOXOXOOXOX :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

What a sad story, and I am so sorry for your loss. It must be a hard secret to be sitting on all these years. You will know the right thing to do with regards to telling your parents one day - let your heart guide you.

But you must forgive yourself. You had a terrible time and didn't deserve to go through it, and keeping it to yourself was your means of self preservation. Just because your husband has said what he said, don't believe everyone will react that way. Be kind to yourself, and believe in surrounding yourself with positivity and good people who will treat you well.

Many hugs to you - no one here will ever judge you or critisise. If you need to talk, we are all here. x:hugs::hugs:

thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry for your loss. you've been so brave, going through this without a lot of support.

Please don't ever feel guilty about what happened, and although he is your husband, ignore what he has said about Alicia. The alcohol is no excuse, but I'm sure it probably does lead him to say things he doesn't really mean.

take care and I'm sending big hugs to Alicia for you, I hope she's up there somewhere playing with my little girls xxx

Thank you so much for reaching out to me. It really helps to know I'm not alone. and I know it will always stay with me. I think a small part of me thought once I had a healthy baby it would help. and in a small way it does. but sometimes I look at my daughter and think of the little girl who would today be three. and I wonder if she had lived, would I have Ayla?
*Hugs back*
I am so sorry this happened to you :cry::cry: You were young and scared and in ways you still are scared, If you feel it best not to tell your parents then that is your choice and nobody else's . I can't agree with with what your husband said, I am sorry I think it was a cruel statement. I hope he gets some help and stops the drinking for his sake and your daughters. What happened to you will stay with you always just like it stays with me also.We do get stronger but there is always something missing. I am so deeply sorry and if you ever need a friend or just to talk I am here XOXOXOOXOX :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

what a hard thing to keep to yourself. I hope being able to tell your story is helping.

Big :hugs: xxxx

Thank you. and I'm also very sorry for your loss. I see your loss is recent, and I very much empathize. Time has helped somewhat for me and I hope it helps you too.
I'm trying my best to be around positive people. My husband isn't really worth being around because even stuff like crippling his hand doesn't make him put down the bottle.
and my mental health diagnosis makes it hard to make friends. but I'm in treatment now and excited to put my life together for my daughter.
-Hugsback-
What a sad story, and I am so sorry for your loss. It must be a hard secret to be sitting on all these years. You will know the right thing to do with regards to telling your parents one day - let your heart guide you.

But you must forgive yourself. You had a terrible time and didn't deserve to go through it, and keeping it to yourself was your means of self preservation. Just because your husband has said what he said, don't believe everyone will react that way. Be kind to yourself, and believe in surrounding yourself with positivity and good people who will treat you well.

Many hugs to you - no one here will ever judge you or critisise. If you need to talk, we are all here. x:hugs::hugs:

Tears are filling my eyes right now. I'm so sorry for your very recent loss. You're very strong for being able to talk about it so soon after. It took me years to even be able to talk about it online.
*Hugs*
It's nice to meet you.
thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry for your loss. you've been so brave, going through this without a lot of support.

Please don't ever feel guilty about what happened, and although he is your husband, ignore what he has said about Alicia. The alcohol is no excuse, but I'm sure it probably does lead him to say things he doesn't really mean.

take care and I'm sending big hugs to Alicia for you, I hope she's up there somewhere playing with my little girls xxx

Wow.... Such strength :hugs:

You are truly one of those momma's that has an abundance of strength and love for her children ... They are so blessed to have you ...:flower:

Please always know you are NEVER alone ... Just log in, we're always here:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->