24, ttc #1 cd6 (oct4th) anyone else?

under25ttc

Reaction score
I'm 24 and ttc #1. Been trying for 2 years. currently on cd6 with taking Metformin and Femera(cd3-7). Anybody else on the same day? Or taking Femara this cycle?

Hi there, I am on CD 8 today, which puts us on the exact same cycle! I am 26 and ttc #1, not on any meds. I stopped my birth control in January of this year and have been charting for the last couple of months. I've noticed that I tend to ovulate pretty late. Do you use Opks or chart?

I'm glad to find someone on the same cd as I :D I did use opk and or charting once iv was on clomid but bc I failed to ovulate any of my 4 cycles of clomid my doctor put me on femers and told me not to test at all this month. No point in wasting money when I kept getting negatives, so he said if I do ovulate we can test next month. how about you? Do you chart or opk?

I just started using opks last month, and I started on cd11 and didn't ov til cd25 so yes, it definitely gets expensive ! I was getting reallly frustrated with them so I think I'm going to start later this month so I'm not going crazy. Although I'm sure I still will :) I've also been charting the last few months and going crazy googling things and spending waaayy too much time on the internet. So is femara supposed to help you ovulate? I hope that it works for you! I think I had a cycle where I didn't ovulate at all the month before last. All I'm doing right now is taking prenatals and started using pre seed.

I completely understand your frustration....its like hurry up and wait :( boring lol. Femara is another medication similar to clomid that helps induce ovulation. Femara has been known to induce ovulation in women with pcos whom failed to ovulate on clomid. thank you for being hopeful for me :D it means alot! Im hoping this medication does it... Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.
The internet is a very good source for information. If there is anything I can answer for you feel free to ask. I can give you my best answer or my experience. Just remember this journey becomes about trial and error. Not everything will work butt something eventually will :) Find the light in even the darkest of times. Find comfort in your husband, because before any decision to ttc there was your husband first :) and the one I think is most important, dont let sex become a chore. I can honestly say we have fallen into that rut from time to time. Its so hard to be "in the mood" when you "have to do it". So try and keep the spark alive! Im adding you to my pray list! Its going to happen for us :D There is no place but up....

Thanks for your inspirational words and your prayers...the subject of ttc in iteself is something that it's hard to talk about with people who aren't in the situation and it's good to talk to someone who is. For awhile, we were not charting or worrying about when to have sex, but when we started, we did have that issue come up. Before I was using opks, I kept thinking I was about to ovulate but it wouldn't happen so we ended up having sex like close to everyday for 2 or 3 weeks. My husband works a lot and I know it was wearing on him because he would be tired. He is very supportive and didn't complain, but I know he was getting a little tired of it and it was just like you said, a chore. Last month was better since I used the opks and knew when I was ovulating. I keep telling myself I'm just going to relax...but then every month I start off not worrying about it but then closer to ovulation it's all I can think about. The second and third month off bc, I had two checmicals in a row. I would take a faint positive test and then I started my period late. I did get my blood drawn and they explained it wasn't a really an actual viable pregnancy, and when they tested they said my progesterone was low but that it may have been since my period was getting ready to start and that is when your progesterone goes down naturally. So, since then I was thinking I would get for real pregnant soon after, but it hasn't happened yet. I wonder if my progesterone is really an issue. I thought at first I may have a short luteal phase, but since I started charting it has been 14 and 15 days. Do you know what your luteal phase is?

Anyway, enough about me! Do you have PCOS? I've read some about it but don't know a whole lot. But if the meds induce ovulation, it sounds like you will have a great chance this month. And you won't have to be obsessing over opks! I truly do believe that things happen for a reason, and when they are meant to happen. I tell myself there is a reason behind the timing, and just because I don't understand it, I need to trust in that. Well, I've rambled on so I'm going to end this. Fingers crossed for us to ovulate soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->