24 week midwife appointment :/

Belle280601

Reaction score
Hey ladies had my mw appointment today expecting her to measure my bump as with my past 2 I've had polyhydromnios and was always measuring huge
My bump is massive for 24 weeks but she never checked? I googled it and nhs said they should. I didn't mention it because I don't want to tell her her job and wasn't 100% but now I'm worried I've got a sloppy midwife xx

I had polyhydroninos with my last pregnancy and am currently 17 weeks. I feel a bit big and I'm not sure of the protocol to check fundal height. However I don't think I ever had my fundal height checked until I hit the 3rd trimester. Try not to worry too much! I'm thinking if they are too concerned they'd let me know!

Hi ladies thankyou for your replies. I rang up my midwife base and asked they said not to worry they don't check measurements untill after 26 weeks... confusing because like you Sarah they measured me each time starting after my 20 week appointment. My friend who is few weeks ahead of me also got measured at her 24 weeks. Maybe it just varies midwives. Wish was consistent though!!

Where I live, the don't start measuring fundal height until 26 weeks.

My midwife said she won't be measuring my tummy at all because of my weight and instead I have to have extra scans to check the growth. I'm not even that much overweight and with my son I weighed the same and it wasn't an issues. They measured using fundal height with him and I always measured spot on.

Mine started measuring at 24 weeks even though I also have growth scans. It's amazing how much things can vary in different areas.

I don't remember if fundal height was checked through actual measurement at my midwife appointment Sept. 27, and I was just passed 20 weeks then. But I do remember she pressed on my stomach to compare where I was in my pregnancy with where my uterus was/should be for 20 weeks and it matched up. Did that happen in your case?

Also, I wasn't worried as I had just had the anatomy scan one week prior to that appointment with the midwife (19 weeks +1) and the baby measured right on target.

I don't remember if fundal height was checked through actual measurement at my midwife appointment Sept. 27, and I was just passed 20 weeks then. But I do remember she pressed on my stomach to compare where I was in my pregnancy with where my uterus was/should be for 20 weeks and it matched up. Did that happen in your case?

Also, I wasn't worried as I had just had the anatomy scan one week prior to that appointment with the midwife (19 weeks +1) and the baby measured right on target.

No didn't feel my belly at all just listened with Doppler :/ I'm so anxious this time round so that doesn't help ughhh. Don't want to wish time away as this is my last but it's hard xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->